• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Can I be a mod-erator?

Hey Peo,

Can I please be a moderator... I think you'll agree I help a lot of people at this forum and am always kind! :)

So Can I please be a Moderator so I can stop all of this annoying cross-posting and wrong forum posting. It's really, really getting to me.

I hope to hear from you soon! :)

Don't you think this is thr wrong way togo about being a moderator?.... This kinda request should really be done through email.

The current batch of moderators are doing a good enough job.

Originally posted by Technics
Don't you think this is thr wrong way togo about being a moderator?.... This kinda request should really be done through email.

The current batch of moderators are doing a good enough job.

That requires getting my email program again! *sigh* Email is really begging to bother me! :(

And it proves that I'm enthusiastic about these forums! (Don't ask me how) ;)

how?

cuz even for this he has to use the forums... he's hooked on fonicks
i mean forums...

give him the job
IMHO (which is worth next to nothing nowadays;)) he should get the job

*smiles sweetly* Yeah, give him the job, Peo.

*thinks: say no! say no! say no! say no!...* :p

Don't worry. I emailed Peo when these new forums first came out about being a Moderator (I'm a Moderator at 4 other forums, have the skills, so I think I'm qualified), and never even got a reply. So at least you got farther than me :)

Yeah, Supermoo. I emailed him 3rd day the forums came out and still no reply.

Applying for moderator should be after you have proven yourself worthy, not the second the forums open.

Theres no real need for anymore mods in my opinion.

New ones should only be added should the current ones decide they no longer have the time nor wish to continue.

Or peo could satisfy everyone and change the mods every 6 months or something. Would seem kinda pointless but it would be one way to satisfy the demand. Move the current ones up to a higher status or something.

More moderators increase converage, but also lead to more bad moderators since you have to choose down the list since the good ones are already moderators. It's a trade-off.

Maybe there can be up to 2 mods for every forum.

OR.... choose a different mod for each forum, like Free Webspace mod is Chicken, and Paid Hosting is NC_TOM, Free Services is Mandrake, and General would be me (hehe :p j/k)... etc.

I really just mod. the free forum due to Peo leaving for a short trip. More or less just filled in for him there. I'm the second set of eyes on that one more than anything... just so everyone knows.

Yadda yadda yadda...

Back