• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Can somebody help me build my website?

anhedonia

I'm on a boat
NLC
So I was sitting on google.com the other day and thinking, I could do this! I could be the next Yahoo! I could call it Wahoo!

I thought, all I need is to get some people together and it'll all be sweet. So, what I'm asking of you all here, I need somebody to design the layout and logos for me. And I don't actually know any coding .. So I'll need.. A .. Coder.. Too.

And apart from calling it Wahoo! and making it somewhere that you can search for stuff, I don't have any further ideas. Maybe we could implement a thing called WeoCities.. And other people could put their sites onto it and build up some content for us. So I'll need somebody to do that for me, too.

I was thinking, for WeoCities, well, nobody really needs anymore than 1mb for a website, and they could use a file transfer service in their browser. I say we limit them to 1 file per upload, I mean, how could you possibly need any more than that?

So basically, what I need is:

- Someone to make the layout and/or logos
- Someone to code the actual site
- Someone who has some idea about marketing, etc

Also, I'll need some funds. I'm an unemployed student, so if someone could back us that'd be great. We'll need some hosting (Can anyone offer us hosting? Even 5mb to start should be PLENTY). Luckily I know how to register one of those great name.dot.nu names, so I'll go ahead and do that. Or if somebody would be willing to buy us a domain, that would be fantastic.

So yea, just reply here if you want to help and stuff, that'd be great.

wow... a competitor to yahoo?

good luck! If your serious about this, i guess i could make a design, if im bored enough.

oh and btw wahoo.com is taken.

Last edited:
well you know... its not that hard to believe, with some of the peeps around here

I guess i look like a right idiot now eh? :p

Last edited:
I need somebody to design the layout and logos for me. And I don't actually know any coding .. So I'll need.. A .. Coder.. Too.
So basically you want someone to make the whole site for you? :p I'd suggest not using the name Wahoo! as you would run into trademark issues if the site ever took off...

Hi,

I know a cool place called Geocities. They can host your website for free for you so you won't ever have to pay to host it.

I would also like to offer my abilities as project manager, I think that together we can make this project work.

Thanks.

Okay, so basically for the project.. We have..

Toefur - project manager

And yes, TJR, I do need someone to make the whole site for me. I just had the brilliant idea. That's all I need to do. :tired2:

I can be the guy who has an awesome title but does nothing. Or can you be the only one? ;____;

I don't think Geocities would be a good suitor for this type of project. It makes you look very unprofessional... especially with free hosting and having to have all those ads and popup ads, etc.

Toefur said:
Hi,

I know a cool place called Geocities. They can host your website for free for you so you won't ever have to pay to host it.

I would also like to offer my abilities as project manager, I think that together we can make this project work.

Thanks.

Is geocities a joke? :p You are trying to be a yahoo competeter after all.

If you are seriouse about this you will need to have funding. Several problems:

1) Using a free domain name is very unprofessional (leads to no one taking u seriously at all)
2) Using a geocities hosting is very unprofessional (leads to no one taking u seriously at all)
3) Doing nothing yourself is not the best idea.

You can't expect to get this or any project off the ground without funding and only use free stuff.

If you did have funding and was seriouse enough about this project DigitalWorldHost.com would be willing to give you some hosting.

Last edited:
Hey, sounds like fun lol
I know some coding, i would need some other help though also
but u can contact me through PM,
AIM: kishen631
email: kishenr(at)gmail(dot)com

Hi

If you would be willing to place a small hosted by, on your site then I maybe able to do a small custom plan for you to get you going, PM us for details.

Cheers

Last edited:
They seem serious. Still no venture capitalist yet, that probably would've worked better in '01 or so.

I can write the search functionality. A few lines of PHP to do a SELECT * FROM webpages WHERE content LIKE '%search term%' query will do it, I'm sure that's all Yahoo does.

Hey tell you what homie, I'll do the whole work and when I get to be a millionaire and buy out Yahoo I'll give you 1/2 the cut for your splendid Idea.

I alrdy started but wahoo.php won't work on geocities :(

are you guys serious about this? Do you have any idea as to how much work you'd have to do to get this thing up and started? it's like the whole world knows yahoo and no one would know your site. i'm sure about a million people thought of this but never done anything because it's kinda impossible to compete with yahoo or google without having major MAJOR investiments and advertisements and time. If you ever get it started i wish you good luck but i doubt if you can compete with them at all. I've seen so many sites tryin to run a search engine and sht but i dont even bother to remember their names cuz i already got google.
P.S. come up with a catchy name but make sure you trademark it before trying to work with it cuz if someone else get it from you then you'd be done.

Back