• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Canaca - Stay Away!

logical

Hello,

I thought I would inform everyone about this hosting company. I was stupid enough to go there, so this is to make sure you don't. I saw the bad reviews that Canaca had received, and I figured it was just a few customers mad and the rest were not like that. I was badly mistaken.

I don't have an exact URL for my website, as they have never created my account.

Three weeks ago I sent them a payment for a new account ($120.00), and I provided them all of the details needed. Again, that was three weeks ago. Four support tickets later, this is where I stand. I'm out $120.00, and I haven't heard from Canaca but a few times...even at that, they were not helpful.

I figured Canaca was GREAT! Too good to be true, and it was. I last heard from them 4 days ago, and I have sent in a new support ticket and haven't heard from them.

They have removed their 1-800#, so I cannot call for assistance. The customer service is extremely poor. I cannot comment on their server quality as they have never created my account.

I know it sounds rude of me to be openly complaining about them, but I am being 100% honest. I was too arrogant to ignore the people who complained about Canaca thinking they were just a few out of thousands. I, myself, fell to the stupidity of..well...myself. Their support representatives are lacking in knowledge, and I don't feel like they can run an effective service.

The only option now is to create another support ticket, informing them that they will receive a legal notice if they do not create my account or refund my money within 36HRS. I am going to be so generous not to do anything until late tomorrow afternoon, which I am sure will be another mistake on my part.

So, if you are looking for a decent host I would not recommend Canaca to anyone, unless you love throwing away your own money.

I can only hope that this has helped people in their judgment of hosts.

Hello Logical

Sorry to hear of your bad expierences with Canaca, they were a good hosting provider awhile ago, but seem to have dropped in customer care as of late.

I`m sure they have a sales rep over at webhostingtalk.com tht answers most of there calls over there. You may wish to contact him.

Whys paypal a life saver isnt a credit card payment much more secure as if un happy you can get the credit card company and their big expensive laywers involved

I'm sorry to hear your experiences. May your happiness continues as you choose your new web hosting home.

Back