• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Cavendo.com?

lyew

Just a quick question. Has anyone used Cavendo.com as a web host? If so could you comment on your experience hosting with them? Have you ever experienced problems using their SMTP servers?

Yuck

Cavendo is the worst host ever. I signed up with them becuase of the price when i started out it was $4.08 a month. Now its $5.95 for the same plan. It took almost a week to set up my account when i signed up. They told me you can have subdomains let us know and we will add those free of charge so i emailed thema list of 5 subdomains and none have been setup. It seems like once a week there is a server problem. The smtp has never worked. last weekend my domain quit working and i called them and they told me their dns servers rebooted themselves and now they need to do the whole thing manually. I have called several times and finally got thru one time my lucky day i guess. The ftp sucked but they fixed it. You couldnt upload a file with the same name. say you updated index.html and tried to upload it you would need to delete the index.html file from the server and then upload the new one. My email accounts dont work half the time. i have sent many emails to their support department and have gotten no responses. I have just moved my site to another paid host and cant wait for the dns to propigate. By the way their server is slow

Which goes to show...

Michael,

It's incredible how similar our experiences are. BY those prices I presume you were on their UNIX plan. I signed up for their NT plan because of the incredible features they claimed to support. My SMTP server has never worked, and tech support is unbelievably slow. Incidentally they've outsourced their tech support to CI Host (I think they either resell for or colocate with CI Host), which isn't very reassuring.

Back