• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Cheap web hosting

aeromit

Do you believe anyone can provide a good service with plenty of space and bandwidth for $1 a month? I find more reasonbale when a free host is far enough when they require text links or banners to be placed.

bw costs, server costs, support costs, payment system costs.. not going to get anything decent for $1

You can get a decent host for $1/day though ;)
Look at it this way. If you do not care about relibility and uptime, then you can explore it. if you need good speed, relibility, and decent support, then pay decent money. the web hosting business is being very competitive so you can get good deals for your money. but webhosts will not lose money to get your business. with $1/month they are losing it somehow, either in support, space, bandwidth, or overall cost.

Think about it.

How much does the Host have to pay for the server every month? How much of his time is he giving to his customers each month? Staff, wages, maintenence. And he can offer you $1 hosting a month? I would run like it was the plauge my friend.

If you do find such cheap hosting, do let me know. I would love to sign up for many of them.

Think about it.

How much does the Host have to pay for the server every month? How much of his time is he giving to his customers each month? Staff, wages, maintenence. And he can offer you $1 hosting a month? I would run like it was the plauge my friend.

Actully, frosthost.net provides $1 250mb hosting. Our services ARE quite reliable. Yeah, so we have to pay for server, yes? But it's not like im offering $1 for 1000gb. We have an automated instant activation system so we don't have to create every account manually. I personally don't mind helping customers that pay $1. Hosts don't pay staff in amount of how many customers they help, hosts pay per hour, I don't see how more support requests will affect how much you will pay them. We have a 30-day-money-back-guarantee, so you can try our services not the hard way. We have 100% uptime almost every month, otherwize 99.99% - 99.50% uptime.

Most websites pay for 1gb space when they are only using about 10mb space. That's why we have made this decision.

Interesting post, anyway.

Last edited:
Actully, frosthost.net provides $1 250mb hosting. Our services ARE quite reliable. Yeah, so we have to pay for server, yes? But it's not like im offering $1 for 1000gb. We have an automated instant activation system so we don't have to create every account manually. I personally don't mind helping customers that pay $1. Hosts don't pay staff in amount of how many customers they help, hosts pay per hour, I don't see how more support requests will affect how much you will pay them. We have a 30-day-money-back-guarantee, so you can try our services not the hard way. We have 100% uptime almost every month, otherwize 99.99% - 99.50% uptime.

Most websites pay for 1gb space when they are only using about 10mb space. That's why we have made this decision.

Interesting post, anyway.
Some hosts pay support per ticket.
Also what would happen if a $1 client has a high resource website(CPU) that is causing problems for your bigger clients. Suspend them or treat them as equally as a $20 client.

Do you believe anyone can provide a good service with plenty of space and bandwidth for $1 a month? I find more reasonbale when a free host is far enough when they require text links or banners to be placed.

buy a domain at godaddy and get a free host :angel:

Some hosts pay support per ticket.
Also what would happen if a $1 client has a high resource website(CPU) that is causing problems for your bigger clients. Suspend them or treat them as equally as a $20 client.
That's when the TOS comes in. We have a TOS about system resources.

If your first plan starts at $3.95 for example, and your last plan is $15.95, then does that mean your not going to treat all your customers the same?

I'm proud to say that we treat all of our customers equally unlike some hosts.

Last edited:
Do you know guys? I realize that it is very hard to say who's good and who's not in their business philosophy. I like very much Hostway because they used to sell at $19 per month and have not entered the price war in the shared market... until this year. Now they sell at $9.95 or something. That means it is probably impossible for a shared web host to get more customers without being involved in pricing war, overselling and etc.

We're not talking about pricing/overselling exactly, we're talking about little space hosting for little money.

That means it is probably impossible for a shared web host to get more customers without being involved in pricing war, overselling and etc.
There are many very reputable hosts who have been around for years continually gaining customers without putting their prices down to compete. Word of mouth is a better seller than cheap prices :)

That's when the TOS comes in. We have a TOS about system resources.

If your first plan starts at $3.95 for example, and your last plan is $15.95, then does that mean your not going to treat all your customers the same?

I'm proud to say that we treat all of our customers equally unlike some hosts.

No we treat all clients equally that is why we don't have a $1 plan.
Here is my example say you pay $.50 per support ticket. if the client does 24 or more support tickets in a year you are loosing money just from support alone. We shape brightstar so it doesn't run on losses/overselling just to get clients.
Could we afford to have a $1 package... Yes
none of our servers are over 5% full.
But all the added costs considered and chances of working on a loss I think it would be silly.
Not to mention we plan to be here long term we honor any quoted price for lifetime of there hosting account.

btw frosthost aint your load a bit high right now? maybe you should check on that if you own your own server
Server Load

Last edited:
No we treat all clients equally that is why we don't have a $1 plan.
Here is my example say you pay $.50 per support ticket. if the client does 24 or more support tickets in a year you are loosing money just from support alone. We shape brightstar so it doesn't run on losses/overselling just to get clients.
Could we afford to have a $1 package... Yes
none of our servers are over 5% full.
But all the added costs considered and chances of working on a loss I think it would be silly.
Not to mention we plan to be here long term we honor any quoted price for lifetime of there hosting account.

btw frosthost aint your load a bit high right now? maybe you should check on that if you own your own server
Server Load

Good point but, well, FrostHost works differently, I don't know about other hosts but FrostHost works in a way that we CAN provide $1 hosting.

We aren't overselling/losing money. Do you call $1 for 250mb overselling?

And yes I am aware of the server load now. It's a higher than normal... Sorting it now

Last edited:
Good point but, well, FrostHost works differently, I don't know about other hosts but FrostHost works in a way that we CAN provide $1 hosting.

We aren't overselling/losing money. Do you call $1 for 250mb overselling?

And yes I am aware of the server load now. It's a higher than normal... Sorting it now
no I don't, but when you sell hosting so cheap it leaves room for abuse. (which may or may not be the problem you are experiencing now with your server ;) )
Yes you may have TOS that says you may remove account for such and such a reason but users don't like it if there sites go down for constant CPU overage, data center shutting down the server because of spam etc.
You dont need a high space/bw site to use a high amount of CPU. If you dont have someone watching the server constantly, a lot can sneak through.

And as for your plans working for "frosthost" thats great. I wish it great success. Since you just recently started your hosting company with these plans I would love to get your updated opinions in six months.

Anyways that is all I am going to say regarding this issue. If you wish to continue this discussion please pm me.

no I don't, but when you sell hosting so cheap it leaves room for abuse. (which may or may not be the problem you are experiencing now with your server ;) )
Yes you may have TOS that says you may remove account for such and such a reason but users don't like it if there sites go down for constant CPU overage, data center shutting down the server because of spam etc.
You dont need a high space/bw site to use a high amount of CPU. If you dont have someone watching the server constantly, a lot can sneak through.

And as for your plans working for "frosthost" thats great. I wish it great success. Since you just recently started your hosting company with these plans I would love to get your updated opinions in six months.

Anyways that is all I am going to say regarding this issue. If you wish to continue this discussion please pm me.
Good points and thanks. :)

Rofl, this thread turned into a very polite self promotion and host bashing.

You guys need to fill your time better.

Back