• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Christmas: Loathe it or Love it?

Christmas: Do you loathe it, or do you love it?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
LOATHE, LOATHE, LOATHE, LOATHE, LOATHE, LOATHE lol, because it never snows here in the uk only in every blue moon :)

craig888 said:
LOATHE, LOATHE, LOATHE, LOATHE, LOATHE, LOATHE lol, because it never snows here in the uk only in every blue moon :)
Awwwwww and is that a little snowflake in your avatar? :biggrin2:

The cold chill in the air, snow on the ground, the smell of fresh-cut Pine... I love the holiday season.

LiquidGoat said:
I hate Christmas.

You sound like the Grinch :p

I hate "Black Friday": shoppers were forced to be competitive with eachother. :p Merchants lied about the number of HP Pavilions and/or other computer notebooks/accessories/gadgets:shame:
The situations caused by the "Black Friday set-up" caused people to stampede; I feel sorry for the employees who had to wake up extra early for stores that opened at 5am or 6am :tired2:

Merchant tactics and greed ruin the holiday season, but otherwise it's a beautiful season.

This year is interesting because Hanukah starts the day after Christmas and coincides with Kwanzaa -- so the anticipation with be steady throughout December -- I like it when the holidays overlap.
It's a beautiful season and hopefully people will be a bit nicer to one another :)

Last edited:
People, people, let's just all celebrate Festivus.

I'll provide the pole.

I'm always up for some Festivus celebrations. Don't begin the airing of grievances without me.

Truthfully, I love Christmas. And I hate Christmas. I hate that the season begins earlier and earlier every year, because i kinda think it cheapens the whole season.

I love it because, call me naive, but I do believe in some cases it does bring the good out in some people. Not me, necessarily, but it's there. Plus it's winter, and I've always been a huge fan of winter. So it's all a happy association.

I hate it for the shopping. I'm a horrible Christmas shopper. I get so lfustered and begin to believe that everyone is hard to shop for, when in most cases, it's not the case. I'm sure Freud has something to say about that.

It's a fun time, if done right. Put me on the Christmas thumbs up list.

And I'm Jewish! :devious2:

OK, I made that part up.

Truthfully, I love Christmas. And I hate Christmas. I hate that the season begins earlier and earlier every year, because i kinda think it cheapens the whole season.
I agree. I think there should be some sort of law that states shops can only start getting in the Christmas spirit from December 1st onwards. :p Overall though, Christmas is great. :biggrin2:

hottweelz said:
Awwwwww and is that a little snowflake in your avatar? :biggrin2:

lol, the snowflake in my avatar is the every blue moon lol, but saying that we did just have 3" lol, not much but its a start & in november :eek2: , if we do get snow we dont get it until at least feb & then its not much :p .

EDIT, Added a new flake for you lol

Last edited:
I can't wait til I can play hockey outside. Too bad we get a little too much snow here in Montreal.

Such a superficial holiday...then again, aren't a lot of them this way? It's a celebration of the consumer economy created in the 19th century and that still lasts today. Whatever, I don't care. :p

craig888 said:
lol, the snowflake in my avatar is the every blue moon lol, but saying that we did just have 3" lol, not much but its a start & in november :eek2: , if we do get snow we dont get it until at least feb & then its not much :p .

EDIT, Added a new flake for you lol
Year round flakes :p Yay!

why would anybody hate christmas?? time off work/school, presents, snow (YES EVEN IN UK), great films on TV, amazing offers on products - what is there to not like??

Back