• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

ComfyHost (utcrazy) - AVOID IF YOU CAN

Status
Not open for further replies.

pauloaiello

Ok, on march, 18 i signed in for a new dedicated server.

Everything was OK. Setup time was less than 2 hours. Server admin asked m e 24hours to assign my additional ip addresses.

And here i am now, 13 days later. Still wating for my ip addresses that i paid por 1 MONTH (it has been already almost half a month).

It seems their support is limited to 1 answer/day, no matter what you ask. If you make 1 question and they answer you, dont even bother replying it, cause you will have the answer only next day. here are some logs from our conversation:

Code:
Admin User  Submitted: 03/27/2008 06:50:49 am       

Time between events:
10 hrs 8 mins Ok, got the justification. Just waiting on confirmation. Not sure why you need different IP's to test fraud, but we'll get them to you ASAP.

Thanks

Paulo Aiello  Submitted: 03/27/2008 11:09:00 am       

Time between events:
4 hrs 18 mins Any chance you get me those ip's for today !??

Paulo Aiello  Submitted: 03/27/2008 11:30:50 pm       

Time between events:
12 hrs 21 mins what's going on ?? i've paid 100 dollars for 256 Ip's/*MONTH*

i've already lost 10 days, or 33% of 1 month. And i still have no clue about whats going on.

Paulo Aiello  Submitted: 03/28/2008 03:38:13 pm       

Time between events:
16 hrs 7 mins just bumping to avoid closure.

By the way, how this support works ?

1 answer / day ?

Paulo Aiello  Submitted: 03/28/2008 03:38:40 pm       

Time between events:
0 mins 32 hours with no answer, this is outrageous. never seem something like that.

Paulo Aiello  Submitted: 03/31/2008 04:56:49 pm       

Time between events:
73 hrs 18 mins im still waiting for it...

check out the "Time between events"

Its like im talkin to myself.

And now, my server is offline since friday with no further explainations.

Code:
Opened Ticket Okay, im waiting 10 days for my ip addresses and now my server is offline.

I dont have answers from support, you dont have a telephone number, you dont have nothing.

I have no informations about anything, and it just keeps as it was. No news, no changes, no server and no ip addresses.

Almost half month from my sign in date and server is not as it should be yet.

I think i deserv some sort of explaination.

Paulo Aiello  Submitted: 03/31/2008 04:56:18 pm       

Time between events:
63 hrs 6 mins OK, so my server is still offline and noone will answer me, if nothing happens, ill start makin public complains at hosting forums. And thats not what i want

I dont know if im gettin somethin for makin this public, but at least im warning new buyers.

STAY AWAY FROM UTCRAZY's COMFYHOST.

WORST SERVICE EVER

Can anyone help me ? is there anything i can do ??
THey are simply ignoring me.

I paid those guys 150 USD for a server plus additional IP's.

At this moment, i dont have any of them. Is this legal ?? they just get my money and disappear ??

Which domain do you have hosted on their servers? This will be asked for proof that you're hosted by them.

Try contacting UTcrazy on these forums, he's normally around most days. I'm sorry to hear about the problems you're having and hope they get sorted out now you've posted here.

It seems their support is limited to 1 answer/day, no matter what you ask. If you make 1 question and they answer you, dont even bother replying it, cause you will have the answer only next day.

:knockedou 1 reply per day? I feel your pain.

Darn... We just ordered from Mark (utcrazy) 4 days ago... I was hoping for a 2 hour setup time, but then I figured... 72 hours is acceptable. Not sure what's going on at this point though. I feel your pain with the 1 reply per day as well.

Mark is a great guy though, I'm sure you don't have to worry. From my past experiences with him, I'm sure he isn't just blowing you off.... Theres probably a good reason behind it.

i don't beleive this post that much though, yeah other threads are stating some problems but the OP didn't post ANY replies that UT posted back, so it's a one sided story.

Yeah.. maybe im a photoshop guru and i hate Utcrazy so bad that i want to ruin his business for free :tired2:

offlinehw6.jpg

i don't beleive this post that much though, yeah other threads are stating some problems but the OP didn't post ANY replies that UT posted back, so it's a one sided story.

Isn't that the point, is that they haven't replied to him at all? More than likely, Mark will come back saying they've investigated, the issue is now resolved, and they've taken action against the technician that was assigned to this trouble ticket. I believe, that is what Mark has said in the past regarding this almost exact incident.

- iLucas

Hoping Steadom can shed some light on their business with this client, it appears this may be a fraud order. Can't rally justify the support times, we had some issues which were resolved. HW-Dave, let me know what distro you want!

Isn't that the point, is that they haven't replied to him at all? More than likely, Mark will come back saying they've investigated, the issue is now resolved, and they've taken action against the technician that was assigned to this trouble ticket. I believe, that is what Mark has said in the past regarding this almost exact incident.

- iLucas

no. he said 1 reply per day. meaning he had replies. what i meant was, the OP didn't post those replies he had. only ones that apprently where posted. which is why it seems this post is a load of bull.

Last edited:
Just got an IM from Steadcom about this client so curious as to what happened there.

I don't own a SINGLE DIME to steadcom or any other hosting CO.

What happened is that my VPS was hacked and used for DDoS purposes, thus consuming a large amount of bandwidth from STEADCOM.

Steadcom owner tried to charge me for his fault. If his servers are vulnerable, its not my problem.

And again, this is not what that topic is about.

Scratch that post...

And it is sorta your fault, your responsible for securing your own server. If you bought unmanaged

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back