• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Commercial websites on free web hosts

worlditsme

I have often wondered why businesses decide to use free webhosts even when there are paid alternatives available, depends on the business I suppose.

Because they just don't want to pay, for whatever reason. The same reason that anybody would want free hosting over a paid solution.

A business starter, doesn't even know if his business will be successful, so he is trying to cut the costs as much as possible.
I don't think a business that already has been there for a while will use free hosting.

It's not really about costs, there's more of a "mood" about hosting on free sites. I believe it has more to do with the growing Non-Cash economies out there.

With the spread of hosts I have out there I could host a 30 Gig site and 140 Gig Bandwidth for free. (If I had a little consulting to set it up right.) So it's not about the $7 per month to get a basic paid host.

If they don't have to pay for hosting, then in the end they are making more profit. The equation is simple as that.

I do not think using a free hosting any serious commercial project is a good idea. They do not want to pay? Then, they possibly also do not want to have any revenues at all.

I do not think using a free hosting any serious commercial project is a good idea. They do not want to pay? Then, they possibly also do not want to have any revenues at all.

I see this as more of a smart selection problem. Why not have a small business on a free host? Of course we all know what low end free hosts do, so it's really more of a Choose Well problem.

I saw some company, they only prefer to use paid hosting on their main site.
For those sites that still in development/construction, they insist to use free hosting.
When everything proved to be working well, then only they willing to move it to their paid hosting account.

Some of the Free Hosting Websites are tops. However if I should decide to run an on-line business one day I think I'd prefer a paid host. For someone who is an expert in Business Websites and knows what he/she is doing it's OK to use Free Hosting, but for someone who is not as knowledgeable, perhaps a Paid Host could be more secure from a back-up point of view.

Yes new business owners do because there business is new and they can't afford that for now.

Kind Regards

I believe that any serious company will host their website on a paid hosting, unless that is a "Company" run by some kids.

I have often wondered why businesses decide to use free webhosts even when there are paid alternatives available, depends on the business I suppose.

We host lots of commercial sites on our free space! The site's visitors can't tell if they register a domain.

Why would they pay if the free package meets their needs?

Regards,

Nick.

If those company are using free web space which comes free with their domain name, then it would be ok, since that means they are going to host a few static pages only.
But if they only buy a domain name from some registrar, such as GoDaddy, then they host their company profile website on a free host, then I doubt I will do any business with them.

you can easily get cheap host for experiment if you want start new business. can any one tell me what benefits we can get behind the free host services ?

Back