• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Control Panel

host4cheap said:
Are you sure you like this LOOK :confused4

screenshot.gif

Rather than this :p

Wow, never mind. I like the demo skin though. When I've tried out DA, it never had that skin...guess it was changed, etc. So I always thought the demo skin was the default skin, etc.

anyways, yeah. The marina skin is really nice. Better then any cPanel one :p (and there's alot of nice ones at cpskins.com too)

I don't like DA because I once got a license and the validation method sucked because I lost all my data after upgrading the kernel to a newer version. Aparently I needed to get a new license to use with a diffrent version of the distro I was using and what I already had was an owned license.
They might be allowing the changing of distro version for each license now, but it bugged the crap out of me then and I am not planning on using their cp anytime soon.

What? lol

We have moved DirectAdmin licenses between Dedicateds/VPS - distro after distro and have yet to see anything like this. Searching DirectAdmin forums doesn't respond with kernel issues as you mention. Are you sure?

I really want to get DirectAdmin, but scared sales won't do good.

Anyways I love DA skins from CPskins.com

Radiance,
iCandy
Marina (but, cPskins doesn't offer it)

Those are my favorite :p

Anyways, hope with the kernel problem doesn't happen in these later updates.

most people could honestly care less what control panel they use.....unless of course you plan to get all your business from this forum, which would be a bit silly.

people here are so brainwashed about cpanel they wont considre much else here

If I just needed hosting, for like forums, etc. I don't think I would need a control panel per se'. I would be fine with FTP :), but, it's just to make life easier. But I would be fine with mostly every panel out there. VHCS, zPanel, cPanel, DirectAdmin, Plesk, Hsphere, Helm, Confixx, I don't reall care.

But if you have a server, VPS, it's smart to have a control panel. Things might get a little...what's the word..."uneasy".

Go for DA, because it has difference:
Fast Navigation
Crash Proof
Less resource intensive
Cheap prices
Easy to manage

What else do you need?

Ok, this might be off topic but;

What do you think the best OS is, the least buggy...and the best to use with cPanel or DA?

yeah it is fine, centos is the free version of red hat enterprise, other than the logos they are basically the same thing. If RHEL is free get that, otherwise I probably would not pay for it

Problem with most BSD OS' is the tougher package management in the eyes of most Linux admins. It is a completely different ballgame but it still involves a ball so the theory is the same so to speak :)

Commands are different -- filesystem is different -- layout is different and you can forget about all of those simple config scripts :) Rock solid, more time consuming to manage. Just my 2 cents.

Rule #1: Individual results may vary....

Rule #2: Tell it like it is and provide proof of what you say...

We recently have had problem after problem with a certain host. It became bad enough that we registered a new domain and abandoned the balance of our prepaid account. We also registered a URL to publicize our problems and efforts. If you want the details, you can see the evidence and a full dialogue at www.sitegroundsucks.com.

Forrest

Huh?:confused4

Back