• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

cP Creator - Your thoughts, your suggestions

JonnyH

The Hosting Tool
NLC
As most of you may know, I have a compltely free, open script designed for free hosts called cP Creator. It can be downloaded from cpcreator.com. My question is, if you've ever tried it or are still using it, what's your thoughts? What can I do to make it that much better. I'm already creating a paid module for 2.6 so please don't say that. Keep in mind this script will always be free, i'm not going to release a paid version or close the script up. That goes against what I said to my self at the start. Everything you lot say will be considered. I haven't been getting that much feedback, I want to perfect it.

How about make it compatible with other control panels?

Perhaps DirectAdmin? :)

I am currently using cPanel creator and think it is perfect with the slight mods I did to it

(changed the support to forward to whmcs...ect...ect) Nothing major

I think its a great script over all

Hello Jonny,

I am about to start my free hosting business again and I have tried cP Creator. I shall admit that it is better than some paid ones.

Some changes which i would suggest are as follows:

1. The index page title says cP Creator. Why not make it Sitename - cP Creator or Sitename - Powered by cP Creator. (I know i can be done manually.)

2. Possibility to change the packages form Email validation to Post 2 host or vise versa after the package has been created.

3. Provision to select order of the package (Not something important numbering would do :p .)

4. On some servers the status page text exceeds the white space and goes to the background. A fix for it would be nice.

5. Grant reseller permissions via cP Creator. (Maybe some kind setting list for that too.)

6. Custom emailing for users using one particular package. (Both sign up and afterwards.)

Just what comes to my mind now. Think I've got more let me think in my free time.

Anyways thank you Jonny for such a nice script!

How about make it compatible with other control panels?

Perhaps DirectAdmin? :)

I am currently using cPanel creator and think it is perfect with the slight mods I did to it

(changed the support to forward to whmcs...ect...ect) Nothing major

I think its a great script over all
I've looked at the possiblities of other types of panels, I would do it but a test server would be neccessary. Something I don't have..
Thanks for the word.

I couldn't get cP Creator working.
Why? What was the problem?

Hello Jonny,

I am about to start my free hosting business again and I have tried cP Creator. I shall admit that it is better than some paid ones.

Some changes which i would suggest are as follows:

1. The index page title says cP Creator. Why not make it Sitename - cP Creator or Sitename - Powered by cP Creator. (I know i can be done manually.)

2. Possibility to change the packages form Email validation to Post 2 host or vise versa after the package has been created.

3. Provision to select order of the package (Not something important numbering would do :p .)

4. On some servers the status page text exceeds the white space and goes to the background. A fix for it would be nice.

5. Grant reseller permissions via cP Creator. (Maybe some kind setting list for that too.)

6. Custom emailing for users using one particular package. (Both sign up and afterwards.)

Just what comes to my mind now. Think I've got more let me think in my free time.

Anyways thank you Jonny for such a nice script!
1. You can change the whole of that in the main configuration.. let me check.. Company Name + Site name. They'll change the top.

2. Maybe a possibility in the future. Currently no.. Too much work.

3. Already implemented in version 2.6

4. Just a CSS problem, I'll have a look

5. Resellers were something I've always thought about but never done. Maybe after 2.6.

6. Maybe maybe, as above.

Once again, thanks for the kind words.

Jonny shoot me a pm if you are interested I can help you out with the test server for DA :)

Might even be able to help a little more than that with another one of my nice scripts I had custom made for me :)

Can you release the 2.6 as a seperate version, and not an upgrade? Since that would be having a paid module in it, and not everyone needs it. Also +1 on DA, also releasing that as a seperate version, since it would make more sense too?

I can't think right now, but I'm sure I'd have something later.

It work fine for me..
But the problem is it taking ages to enter into the control panel.

Cool application ..cheers mate

Would the option to upgrade from free package to post2host package be very difficult to do? :(

And three major features, if you can do it sometime...
1.- Ad-supported accounts
2.- Manage/Monitor Inactive accounts
3.- More client options.

Pretty please? *---*

Can you release the 2.6 as a seperate version, and not an upgrade? Since that would be having a paid module in it, and not everyone needs it. Also +1 on DA, also releasing that as a seperate version, since it would make more sense too?

I can't think right now, but I'm sure I'd have something later.
What do you mean 'seperate version'. All versions I release have the functionality to install and upgrade from any version which is 1.8+. DA would come included and would be selected in ACP via servers. That's most likely how it would work.

It work fine for me..
But the problem is it taking ages to enter into the control panel.

Cool application ..cheers mate
What version are you running and is it admin control panel? I fixed the long load issues due to news in version 2.5.

Would the option to upgrade from free package to post2host package be very difficult to do? :(

And three major features, if you can do it sometime...
1.- Ad-supported accounts
2.- Manage/Monitor Inactive accounts
3.- More client options.

Pretty please? *---*
It would take some more, tedious code and user forms. Something which I'm not prepared to do a long with the huge tasks which need to be carried out. Sounds harsh, but true. Sorry.

One of our Apprentice teams are going to use cP Creator to automate signups. I look forward to seeing how this works. Is it usable for larger scale operations? 50,000+?

sorry, the way I meant it was, have the DA version as a seperate release, and the option to install seperatly, or as an upgrade. But I guess you answered my question.

One of our Apprentice teams are going to use cP Creator to automate signups. I look forward to seeing how this works. Is it usable for larger scale operations? 50,000+?
It's not designed to be used on a large scale operation. Although, while developing I test it with around 500+ accounts which are imported. I don't see any problems which may be caused on a huge scale. It would be hard browsing the users in ACP, it has a search function but the numbers at the bottom would be off the scale in 50,000+. I struggle to think what could go wrong. If they was all Post 2 Host accounts, the cron may struggle.

If you need any support or help with that, just PM me. I will also love to know how it's handled.

Back