• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

cPanel Service Owners: Come inside

krakjoe

stop staring
NLC
It's always nice when you're looking for a host, to see that they do automated backups, to know that your data is safe.... however surely it would be even nicer for your potential clients if you could provide a way for them to make their own automated backups on their pc ... now you can do exactly that.

I present cPanel Site Save .NET: written using the .NET framework and microsofts compact sql engine. Site Save is a windows application to automate the backup process on your users machine, with a simple slick interface, takes no time to add new cPanel accounts, makes backup files compatible with cPanel - you can directly restore these files in any cPanel server. Also can schedule backups of MySQL databases.

http://www.screenshothost.com/screens/_782680809.png

You can provide this software to your users ( locked to your server ips ) for just $50 - this gives you the right to distribute the executable and files it requires, and you can add or change the ips it works with whenever you need to ( without needing me ).

One established host here on FWS can have a free copy to review the software, first come first served. Your company must be established for at least one year and have a good amount of customers ( that can test the software ).

This software requires the .NET framework v3.5 and Compact SQL server engine from microsoft ( only 1.8mb install, don't panic ).....

Thanks for listening ...

Last edited by a moderator:
Excellent stuff Joe.
I will definitely keep my eyes on this and hopefully use it in the future.

Looks very interesting and a good price point. I would like to see what stonerocket thinks after using it!

When you have this ready let me know, might be useful for several thousands of cpanel webmasters over here.

Thanks for all the interest guys, actually, I'm not "testing" it, rather I'm hoping that giving it to use for one service will get me a good review and give other people a bit of confidence. It is actually ready for use already ( I'm using myself right now ), I've tested it loads and loads ....

I also forgot to mention in my first post, that whatever branding a company wants, including a splash screen, is also possible, so you can really make it look like your own ....

Please get in touch should you want to order a copy for your host ....

so let me get this right, if the user wants to run this software they need the .net framework and compact sql?

If so, how big are the files and is there a distrobution version we could include with the file?

Once we buy the software from you are we allowed to charge our clients a small one time fee?

The .NET framework is quite large for version 3.5, I believe some users with automatic updates enabled might already have it installed. The largest the download could be is 180mb ( on a pc with no framework, not even 1.1 ). Compact SQL is 1.8mb download at the most. The installer you recieve will check for stuff it requires and download / install them too ...

You give me $50 and the location of a text file with as many valid ip addresses as you want to work with, I give you the software that loads the list with whatever logos and name you want to give it. How you distribute it to your users after that is up to you, bearing in mind it will be hard to police for you, still your decision ....

Well lets see.
We have been using this item for about 4-5 months now.

I just toss this out to my customers for another way for them to back up their data.

As far as i know the application works well. Since i have not had any complaints since passing it out to customers.

tumble

Back