• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Create new web pages!

brenna55

Hello friends,

Could someone please help, I’m new to website developing and I’m currently creating a website for myself – the hosting company I’m registered with allocated 10 pages to my packages and a sitebuilder. I’m using the site builder and now I want to add more pages to the site and they said I need to upgrade my package for more pages.

What I want to know is, can’t I create blank pages using notepad and load them via FTP and then edit them using site builder, does anyone perhaps know how I can do this?

Also, I have a database allocated on my package, can I use it for anything other than membership data, i.e. can I also use for product information and images?
Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
What control panel do you use? I most cases you can upload content through FTP outside of what is offered for their site builder. IMHO, I would not use the sitebuilder option. Ask them to give you some space and you make the site yourself. It'll give you more flexibility.

You could move the site builder to another directory and use that to edit, copy the source and resources e.g CSS, images. Then upload them all to your public_html directory.

if you have an FTP account, then that is possible to upload pages... if there's none you can create a blank page with it and edit it manually. Please find an edit button or something similar that will enable you to edit (by html text) the files/pages of your site.

site builders usually have a text editing section, i hope your host's site builder have the same so you can be able to manually edit (by text) the codes of your site.

I wish I found this discussion earlier. I faced a similar issue when using a site builder suggested by the hosting company. Being tech-savvy, I didn't find the solution. So, I just created another site with the help of Wix. In my opinion, it is one of the best free website builders. And it is easy to work with it. Though this thread is old, I thank you for sharing this info.

Back