• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Crunch-Host Down???

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can get more space bandwith for my forum without having to make any posts. Crunch-host forum did not having alot of posting members were scared to make new threads

Thanks for your replay.
I hope CH back soon.
Hello,

Firstly sorry for the delay as you can imagine this is a hectic time for us staff at Crunch-Host, we are sure you will agree appart from this dissapointing downtime the past 5 months of service was great with 5 minutes downtime during that period.

Basicly I'm Jordan and I ran Crunch-Host as the Server and network admin pretty much single handedly with the owner Nicky, Nicky hasn't paid the bills this month and hasn't been in toutch which is strange as we were quite close friends in real life and on the net.

I am working just now getting a server up and can assure clients theyre data is safe regardless if they wish to stay with Crunch-Host after we iron this saga out.

Backups were made every day as you know both on and off site so nothing has been lost as the servers port is merely offline.

Stay tuned for updates and thanks for your patience.

First of all, Yay Crunch-Host is not dead, hopefully it is up in the next while.
Secondly the downtime, made me extremely stressed as my website was for a project which was due today.
I lost a little of my work, which was sad as I had to re-write from scratch, and also find temporary hosting. I now have 3 backup servers running, which are all my friends.
Hopefully Crunch-Host goes back up soon.
Also, hopefully I ace my project.

@famousginni
good luck to u....
anyway, u should always backup them to ur PC everytime u make changes.
it is much more safe that way

This is looking more & more this like this host is gone for good & we will never get the files to setup our site again

This is getting scarier by the day. It's been three days down...and only one response from an Admin.

Could be a good thing. When something like this happens the admins are either hanging from the ceiling of the datacenter by an RJ45 cable over the lost profit from this outage, or are busy repairing their services so that they can get back in business. And we know the former isn't true since one of them posted here about it.

The admin that posted did say that all of the data is safe and will be made available as soon as possible, just give them time to get their servers rebuilt and ready to go again so that they have a means of distributing the backups.

Last edited:
Only 1 reply from a admin is 4 days is not a good sign I give this host a day or 2 more if no word or not back up we all got screwed in the A--

Only 1 reply from a admin is 4 days is not a good sign I give this host a day or 2 more if no word or not back up we all got screwed in the A--

Don't be so hasty to assume.

My last hardware failure it too me a little over a week to get everything going again, and nearly a month before I had services stable enough to declare that operation had resumed. These things happen no matter how good your hardware and back-end setup is.

They're doing the best they can to get your stuff back, but smaller operations tend to take outages really hard because they don't have the infastructure to maintain as solid a presence when this kind of thing happens.

Though by all means if you want to be back up and running by tomorrow morning there's plenty of other hosts here that would have you.

People the admin has not given us much hope in 4 1/2 days only 1 reply and good admin would have give us atleast 2 more updates

Last edited:
Don't be so hasty to assume.

My last hardware failure it too me a little over a week to get everything going again, and nearly a month before I had services stable enough to declare that operation had resumed. These things happen no matter how good your hardware and back-end setup is.

They're doing the best they can to get your stuff back, but smaller operations tend to take outages really hard because they don't have the infastructure to maintain as solid a presence when this kind of thing happens.

This was not due to a hardware failure but failure to pay the server bill. seeing as it has been more than 3 days, not many DCs are going to allow a non paying server to sit idle this long.

I thought they had some super-deal with softlayer to the point even bandwidth was not a concern?. Supposedly they were partners with softlayer if I recall right. Shame.

I have to agree with namepad though, the odds are good softlayer already erased all the data on the server.

I'm going to try to get in touch with Jordan, and see whats going on.
Hopefully...
BTW I got accepted into the scholarship, (recieved email), and now is it being judged, and results should be available by mid-May.

Does anybody know which host Crunch-host was using maybe if I contact them I can get the files to setup my site again

You misunderstood it seems .
That sale thread is a crunch user's thread apparently looking to sell his domain edgedhost and he's saying he uses a free reseller from crunch host .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back