• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Dad throws child off bridge

Dan

Bullah
NLC
An Australian man was charged with murder after allegedly throwing his four-year-old daughter from a city bridge into a river during peak hour traffic on Thursday, police said.

The 36-year-old man, believed to be involved in a custody battle with the girl's mother, allegedly threw her from a 60m high section of the West Gate Bridge into the Yarra River in the southern city of Melbourne.

The incident took place in front of hundreds of motorists while two other children, boys believed to be aged six and eight, remained in the car, police said.

"No one had the opportunity to intervene ... it all happened fairly quickly," Detective Inspector Steve Clark told reporters.

"He's got straight out of the car and took the young girl and walked to the edge of the bridge, so that would have happened in a matter of seconds."

Full story: http://www.news24.com/News24/World/News/0,,2-10-1462_2460729,00.html

This is bloody disgraceful.
You have genuine people who would love to have a kid and then you have bastards like this guy.

Like the ----er who intentionally drove his 3 kids into the dam and bailed out...

Scum of the Earth.

Looks like this fellow lost his mind. I reckon he will be sent to a mental hospital.

A MAN charged with the murder of his daughter, whom he allegedly threw off Melbourne's West Gate Bridge, did not appear in court today because he was deemed suicidal.

Arthur Freeman, 36, was expected to appear in the Melbourne Magistrate's Court for a filing hearing, but the court heard he was unfit to be interviewed by police.

Mr Freeman was in an acute psychiatric state and there were concerns he may harm himself, the court heard.

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,27574,24980323-29277,00.html

If he has psychological issues, then yes, he needs help. But regardless of this, he deserves to spend the rest of his life behind bars. There is no excuse for hurting a child.

Im with you on that. I dont care what kind of issues you have there is no excuse what so ever.

Not meaning to sound bitter, but going to a mental hospital is life behind bars.
I would think it's 10x worse than regular prison. It may be cleaner and less packed, but it's still a prison.

Were the two kids in the car his also?

The two other kids were his sons.

Regardless, mental issues or not, he deserves Jail and for the rest of his life. Actually, if it were up to me, I would place him on that same bridge, tied to it and hanging over it so he can see how far his daughter had to fall before everything inside her was just about crushed from the impact and then left there to die.

He's a scumbag and should be treated as such.

Actually, if it were up to me, I would place him on that same bridge, tied to it and hanging over it so he can see how far his daughter had to fall before everything inside her was just about crushed from the impact and then left there to die.
Dying is too easy. leave him there long enough so he lives with the fear for the rest of his life.

Dying is too easy. leave him there long enough so he lives with the fear for the rest of his life.

Exactly.
Now he is playing the "I am suicidal" game and writing notes to make himself out to be mental or incompetent. Bollix!

OR shoot him once in the leg or something... take the bullet out.. a week later bandage it up and clean up the wound. Shoot another spot on the leg, etc. etc. (Cruel torture I know, I would make a good Roman or something)

I had a big fight with some wanna be gangsta chick about this lol.
facebook wqas going off.
its a sick thing to do

[12:00:12] <sole> man
[12:00:20] <sole> that bloke that threw his kid off the bridge
[12:00:40] <sole> everyone giving him a hard time and saying he should be executed
[12:00:48] <sole> but if it was a chick that threw the kid off the bridge
[12:01:10] <sole> everyone would be understanding that shes going through emotional issues most likely caused by someone else
[12:01:14] <sole> because it wouldn't be her fault
[12:01:17] <sole> how ----ed up is that

I really don't think he should spend the rest of his life locked away, nor do I think he should be executed. He's mentally disabled. You wouldn't lock somebody up for having a physical disability, so why one with a mental one? Sure, he should be locked up while he's treated until he's sane, and get some years for manslaughter, but life? No.

Exactly. A life for a life is BS. If you take someone elses life for their murder, then you've became a legal murderer.

Back