• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Datacenter Migrations

SC-Daniel

Hey guys,

Anyone ever undergone a really massive datacenter migration before?

All my Dallas servers are currently on their way from the Infomart to DataBank and I am quite antsy/nervous.

My leg has got to be going 100mph right now, and Dr. Pepper is making a fortune off of me.

lol atleast they are calling you every 30 seconds basically :p

edit: OMG 1000th post!

Meh, I have not heard anything in a bit... I am assuming they are working on unloading my servers and getting them back online, at least I hope so.

I've had a datacenter transfer once. It isn't too big of a hassle as long as you notify your clients ahead of time. I did that and I didn't get too many clients complaining. It only took about a few hours since the new datacenter was close. The only hassle you have to deal with is the new IP addresses you receive.

I've had a datacenter transfer once. It isn't too big of a hassle as long as you notify your clients ahead of time. I did that and I didn't get too many clients complaining. It only took about a few hours since the new datacenter was close. The only hassle you have to deal with is the new IP addresses you receive.
Do one in India and you'll know the difficulty.

I did a data-center transfer around a year back. DCs are 20 KM away from each other. Took me 8 hours to complete the transfer. Reason? Traffic on the streets.

I couldn't have done it in the night cause it would be day time in the US and thats a lot of loss for the companies I serviced then.

Real mess, didn't like one bit of it.

I remember the move from 611 Wilshire to 530 W. 6th was extremely nervous for me. The techs were working on it all day and hadn't gotten back to me so I finally called the DC to get a hold of them! It all worked out in the end.

Back