• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Dedicated Server´s (Companys Offering It)

MATRIX

Internet Solutions
NLC
Hello, i want to ask if you know a lot of Company´s offering Dedicated Server´s (because i am thinking to Start Free Hosting near December:D )...

Thanks.:chinese2:

I heard a lot of bad things about fdc, but for that pricing, you can't complain.

We offer whole range of dedicated servers and can match price for equivalent service.

You can talk to me at
AOL/IM: gtylerk
www.onestop.net

I'd recommend Rackshack, not FDC. FDC reboots their servers (at least the one I was on) every two days or so, it's so annoying. Also, while I was with them, Apache failed quite often (maybe a dozen times) :mad:. Go with Rackshack. Better network, only down once or twice in a year or so.

Although FDC's shared accounts are pretty terrible, they really don't bother you with their dedicated hosting area.

Originally posted by In Flames 00
I'd recommend Rackshack, not FDC. FDC reboots their servers (at least the one I was on) every two days or so, it's so annoying. Also, while I was with them, Apache failed quite often (maybe a dozen times) :mad:. Go with Rackshack. Better network, only down once or twice in a year or so.

But what is the Diference the only Difference i see is the Transfer ... :confused:

Originally posted by In Flames 00

If you dont know how to manage a server, you should probably get a managed solution. Apache failing is definately not fdc's fault.

FDC offers a server with 4mbps+ bandwidth for $99/mo. What the hell do you expect?
Where do they state they will manage/troubleshoot your apache issues? Apache is a third party application.

Do this:
tail -f /usr/local/apache/logs/error_log
let us know what it spews out.

Originally posted by MN-Carl
FDC offers a server with 4mbps+ bandwidth for $99/mo. What the hell do you expect?
Where do they state they will manage/troubleshoot your apache issues? Apache is a third party application.

Do this:
tail -f /usr/local/apache/logs/error_log
let us know what it spews out.

can you tell me How much transfer is 4mb? and can you tell me the Average Upload Speed of the Server? :p

Originally posted by ***MTX***MATRIX
can you tell me How much transfer is 4mb? and can you tell me the Average Upload Speed of the Server? :p

4mbps is 512KB/sec up and down, and you could push just 1000gb give or take.

Back