• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Dedicated Server Deal

TVN_BAZZA

Ok first off i know there is no such thing as a free dedicated server.....
but how about this
could you get a dedicated server, where you dont have to pay yourself, but when you set up a host all profits go to the server provider to pay for the server?!
silly question i know,
just curious tho' :D

Bazza

BUT you said the cash goes to the server provider and you can't get a penny out of that... You want to start a host for free, but not making profit at all?

IT will never happen because there is no assurance that you will ever make money and it is likely that you and the host will just loose money.

ok.....what i ment was say if instead of paying $99+/month for a dedicated server, you just set it up so all income (adds/paid hosting accounts ect) goes staright to them to pay for the server, see what i meen?!
but your rite that would never work as its not a sure thing that money will be made :(

So what your saying is that dedicated server providers would have a tax on a server instead of a fee?

well sorta yeah....
in other words, say if you make a web host on one of there servers,
and you get paid for adds that moey will go to the server provider and if you set up a paid hosting section that money would go to them ect. untill you have covered the monthly bill of the server cost, then IF you make any extra that goes to your self ;)

bazza

Maybe this will catch on...

Go to the car dealer looking for a free car which you'll pay them from the profits of the home food delivery service you want to start.

I could go on...

No company is going to give you free things based on the theory that you're going to start a hosting company and pay them back from the profits. It just *so* doesn't work that way...

Back