• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Dedicated windows server 100mbps

webguru72

How much would a dedicated windows server connected to a 100mbps connection would run to host these days.... I will need something with good specs. (potentially for a client)
It would have to be a managed server. who is a good company.

Well; 100mbps servers start at $24.99 and go up from their, it depends on what specs your looking for. Also; managed servers are about $30 more expensive than unmanaged ones.

If you post your price range, we can assist you further, you have not given us much information at all :p

what kind of project is this for? choosing a dedicated server is not generally an easy task. Give us as much info as you can about the project and future needs for this server

Do you want a dedicated port or dedicated bandwidth? The port should cost nothing, really, that's the provider's choice if they have respectable hardware and routing. If you want 100mbps of internet bandwidth, don't pay anything over $4,000/month, and definately don't pay anything under $900/month.

$40/mbit is respectable for premium bandwidth (ie. InterNAP, Peer1)
$9/mbit would only be single-homed Cogent, which would be a garbage network and not for anything mission-critical, but usable.

You will see a lot of companies that offer '100mbps unmetered' outside of what I just described to you - they're called oversellers. They may have 100mbps of bandwidth, but it probably won't be available to you - you're going to be fighting all of their other customers for the same usage (which typically ends in very bad packet loss). But probably, you'll never use enough bandwidth to notice (and that's what those people are counting on), 100mbps is a huuge amount of bandwidth, and definately unnecessary for web hosting.

I'd like to add one thing - server who is capable of handling 100mbps of bandiwdth with some moderating scripting and DB usage is pretty expensive...

MMarko said:
I'd like to add one thing - server who is capable of handling 100mbps of bandiwdth with some moderating scripting and DB usage is pretty expensive...
Yup found that out :eek2:

Back