• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Different Types of Web Hosting

Status
Not open for further replies.

trueman

Not All Peoples know about all types of web hosting services available today. Most of them look for cheapest and most affordable hosting plan nd basically pick a shared hosting plan. However, depends on customer (private person or business company) they should look for best fit, before anything else
So, here are all existing types of web hosting services:

# Shared web hosting
# Dedicated web hosting
# Colocation Web Hosting
# Reseller Web Hosting
# Virtual Dedicated hosting
# Managed Web Hosting
# Grid Hosting
# Exchange Hosting
# Domain Hosting
# Email Hosting

All These hosting types can be hosted on different operating systems.

* Linux or Unix Operating System
* Windows Server Operating System.

Hi,

Please add Semi-Dedicated Hosting to your list :D

Semi-Dedicated Server is a Dedicated Server which is shared only between few clients. With semi-dedicated server web hosting plan you enjoy all the same benefits of a dedicated server, you have access to a large portion of the server resources, allowing you to run more traffic and resource intensive websites as well as more complex scripts and softwares without CPU latency becoming an issue.

Hi,

Please add Semi-Dedicated Hosting to your list :D

Semi-Dedicated Server is a Dedicated Server which is shared only between few clients. With semi-dedicated server web hosting plan you enjoy all the same benefits of a dedicated server, you have access to a large portion of the server resources, allowing you to run more traffic and resource intensive websites as well as more complex scripts and softwares without CPU latency becoming an issue.

So what's the difference between that and a VPS, which is essentially...exactly the same thing?

Hey thanks for posting all them here am so exited to know about them all in briefs can i get here or some where else please share here with me thanks in advance.

*insert slow-clap smilie here:

tard.gif

Most website newbies don't need to know that much. They just need a shared hosting on which they can build a website. That's it.

Not All Peoples know about all types of web hosting services available today. Most of them look for cheapest and most affordable hosting plan nd basically pick a shared hosting plan. However, depends on customer (private person or business company) they should look for best fit, before anything else
So, here are all existing types of web hosting services:

# Shared web hosting
# Dedicated web hosting
# Colocation Web Hosting
# Reseller Web Hosting
# Virtual Dedicated hosting
# Managed Web Hosting
# Grid Hosting
# Exchange Hosting
# Domain Hosting
# Email Hosting

All These hosting types can be hosted on different operating systems.

* Linux or Unix Operating System
* Windows Server Operating System.
You should ad wordpress and seo web hosting these specialize web hosting specially for wordpress and seo.

Shared hosting can be for mosltly all scripts so he have sub-categories also with vps have xen or kvm or openvz

I'm thinking that this information is for very developed hosting providers. People who are starting or have started recently won't need nearly this much information. Great compilation, however.

Hey,

Good information! I think the types which you listed are basically enough. But still you are missing some. Also Mac hosting is available!

Nice post! Thanks for providing such a helpful information, before getting through these post I thought that I know about all types of web hosting but now I get that there are more web hosting from which I was unknown.

Thanks, but Reseller Hosting is important too: Master , alpha and super alpha, wordpress hosting, seo web hosting and more

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back