• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Digital Camera

themoose

Sup, Recoil here.
NLC
I'm looking to buy a digital camera for meh holidays, any suggestions?

Hopefully under £200, takes a really good picture (ie one that looks like a traditional camera once printed onto photo paper, good colours and no blur) and must be compact. The bigger the screen the better, and it should look cool too (ie doesnt look like you bought it down the market for a tenner).

I bought a Nikon Coolpix S200 about a month ago for my Dad. He recently came back from Greece where he was staying and for someone who has never used anything digital (except for the TV) he told me it was very easy to use. The camera itself is quite small and has a decent sized screen and takes great pictures.

Had the pictures developed at Jessops last week, simply handed them the removable SD card and they printed them all out, not a single bad picture in the lot.

Surprised though, when I bought the camera I paid £150 for it at my local Currys store and it came with a 1GB SD card as well as a case, now it is £150 without all the goodies.

Looks good.. I think I can get better for my money though.

Come to think of it I saw a phillips ad on TV for a camera, wide angle lens, looked fantastic. Anybody know what I'm talking about?

/edit i think it was actually panasonic, lumix, which looks very nice indeed:
http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/TZ3/TZ3A.HTM
A tad bit expensive but it might be worth it.

/edit2
Just found this Casio
http://www.dpreview.com/news/0701/07013002casioexz1050.asp
Has a very nice large screen, good specs and good reviews. Cheap too! £150 on amazon.

Last edited:
Brand wise:
Kodak's are going to be easiest to use.
Nikon, Canon, Fuji -> All good cameras, mid-range usually.
Panasonic i really can't comment on.
Sony -> IMO, the best.

[this is from a repair/break down standpoint somewhat as thats what I dabble in for a job...Sony's tend to break the least]

I have a Canon SD800. I like it. If you can afford and if it's available in your neck of the world, I suggest going and taking a look at.

I have an SD600 that I think is awesome, but my brother got some HP camera that is cooler.

Thanks for the suggestions.. I'll check them out.

Oh and it needs to have a proper battery, that you can plug into the mains and it charges. None of those AA crap that last 10 photos :p.

My SD600 has a removable rechargeable battery. So that you can have a spare.

I scoured the internet for reviews when I bougght mine and there were plenty of good ones for it.

Back