• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Directadmin or cPanel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

webadpro

Hi,
I've started a new hosting company, but I would like to know which software is better or that people like the most?

cPanel

or

DirectAdmin

Which one is more user friendly, etc..

Please give me your suggestions!
Thank you,
Pat

cPanel is much more widely used and easy to use once you get the hang of it. I use cPanel, but I prefer DirectAdmin, even from only using it on the directadmin.com demo.

I feel DA is faster and easier to use for the first time than cPanel, not to mention DA is cheaper.

my friend showed me cpanel i really like it!!
But ive never heard of the other thing:p
(post Nr. 80)

Hey Web , go for cpanel ur already used to it, dont try to go for something new . Also Cpanel is more user freindly than any other panels.

I've been using cPanel on most and DirectAdmin on some of my sites.

No problem using DirectAdmin but cPanel is more user-friendly, easily understood and flexible.

In fact , Directadmin is much easier to use compared to all others, we did a poll at 100 of our clients asking them wich control panel they prefer, and directadmin is the absolute winner!

DirectAdmin is overall better in terms of stability (less bugs) and it seems to be much more lightweight. Users are still going to request cPanel though. You may want to use both.

Yeah, most new users these days will request cPanel seeing as it is widely available and is the more advertised of the two. If you ask people who have treid both control panels, you will notice most of them will pick DirectAdmin.

Actually Direct Admin I find is just as good as cPanel. But some prefer cPanel. For what ever reason they have. They are the boss, forcing me to host cPanel.

eRudNet

This topic is brought up far too many times. :( Your intentions are fine, but you could of searched for it, and found many threads about this.

Last edited:
I think cpanel is the best in terms of client satisfaction and preferences. It is more user friendly, stable and robust. :) :classic2:

IMO, cpanel is easy to use and it could be faster, it depends on admin's skills. It has good features alongwith. I think you should take reviews from good and popular forums for more information. :)

I think cpanel is the best in terms of client satisfaction and preferences. It is more user friendly, stable and robust. :) :classic2:

User friendly...robust -- I'd say are pretty close to correct. But only due to the amount of crap that CPanel installs...CPanel is definitely not more stable than DA :) I have never had a corrupt httpd.conf or issues with emails not being delivered on DA. CPanel is known well for its 0-day bugs that are 3 months out before an 'official fix'. Far too many broken compiles of Apache. Overall the DA community is much faster to respond and can usually help faster than trying to get a ticket in with CPanel and get a response.

CPanel is MUCH x3 more resource intensive than DA and hooks into so many places it cannot be removed easily without breaking all of the services. If you want a FULLY working and SIMPLE control panel, DA is far superior.

I have run both on and off since their earliest deployments and I think if you were to base a control panel on *Stability*...out of the top 3 it would be closer to:
DirectAdmin
Plesk
Cpanel

HSPhere above CPanel as well -- but excluded as their install base is quite a bit lower than the above 3.

Last edited:
Oh I can't disagree. They have a huge feature set in comparison to other control panels and quite a few more addon's that interface with it.

As for script addons....Completely offtopic but I REALLY prefer Installatron to Fantastico. More often updated, very good support and the cost you can't beat.

I have to say that since I have tried both, I have come to prefer the slightly lightweight approach of DA.

However, If I was offering a hosting service, I have to say that i would most probably start with cPanel, as its still a good control panel, and I would be better able to offer support.

Oh, and clients as a whole prefer cPanel, as it seems to have cornered the market somewhat. Its akin to getting someone to convert to Linux.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back