• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Do I need WHMCS

AnnaYung

Hi

I am just about to start out in web hosting with a reseller account. I would like to know if I need WHMCS for billing friends? If I don't need it for my current situation how do I set up payment to host websites for friends?

Thx

A billing system is most definitely recommended. There are others out there besides WHMCS, but that is certainly one of the most widely used.

If it's just friends, you could always just use PayPal, and setup payment links that way. If you are hosting more than just friends though, that is going to look cheap, unprofessional, and nobody will use you. :)

If you are hosting a web hosting business you will require WHMCS for billing system and also maintaining your servers. WHMCS is the most recommended billing system for hosting industry.

As others have stated, WHMCS is heavily favored among web hosting providers. Alternatives to WHMCS include Blesta and HostBill.

It is a life saver. Does so many work for you. FOllow invoices, suspend or unsuspend accounts, send marketing mails and announcements, act as a support system etc. WHMCS or a similar software is a must have imho

Everyone will usually suggest WHMCS, I would recommend you have a look at BoxBilling. They are like WHMCS in the respect that they do the same thing. BoxBilling is much less expensive than WHMCS. It actually has a free license you can use. Although you cannot remove branding until you buy a license. However a license is only like $8 a month.

WHMCS panel is must for your reseller account . Now a days you will get Free WHMCS panel access and cPanel access with reseller hosting plan.

If you just want to offer hosting to a couple of friends, you can just use PayPal invoices. If it's for more people, then consider a billing system. There isn't only WHMCS, but also Blesta and BoxBilling which are both good as well. Good luck!

WHMCS is widely used system for this purpose.
It is the best possible software for billing as well as support purposes.

But in case you dont have the budget for it, then you may try boxbilling (name is something like that), its free.

You will definitely require the WHM panel for reseller account.By using this, the customers can create their own cPanels into it. They will get the authority to sell it to others by their own.

web hosting

You need a billing platform if getting started with web hosting business, to maintain your client's billing records. WHMCS is the most preferred billing system, but you can also check out other billing systems like Blesta, TheHostingTool, Boxbilling, and more.

You need a billing platform if getting started with web hosting business, to maintain your client's billing records. WHMCS is the most preferred billing system, but you can also check out other billing systems like Blesta, TheHostingTool, Boxbilling, and more.
The Hosting Tool and Boxbilling are both no longer supported for a while.

Hi

Yes, a billing system is very important for a hosting business. WHMCS is a great billing platform. And there are many other such platforms like HostBill and BILLmanager.

Yes, WHMCS is a must, the interface is designed in such a way that everything is available within clicks, and the modules are very well categorised making it easy to understand and perform operations.
you can also try Box Billing or Blesta but WHMCS is preferable.

Hi

I am just about to start out in web hosting with a reseller account. I would like to know if I need WHMCS for billing friends? If I don't need it for my current situation how do I set up payment to host websites for friends?

Thx

WHMCS, as the very name suggests, is an all-in-one client management platform which will save you a lot of hassle in running an online business.
But if this one argument is not even enough, there is a plethora of other compelling reasons:

Automation
A real time-saver. WHMCS ensures automation throughout the entire billing process from invoice generation and account creation to payment processing and notifications sending.

Billing in multiple currencies
If your company trades on a global scale, WHMCS will allow you to bill in as many foreign currencies as you please.

Support:
Poor customer service is one of the top reasons why consumers decide to switch service providers. WHMCS is equipped with an integrated support interface allowing clients to send inquiries and trace the progress of their request easy.

Personalization
WHMCS takes under consideration the fact that each business is unique and gives you the extensive choice of templates as well as multiple language options. Additionally, there is a wide array of WHMCS addons available and you can extend the core functionalities of the system exactly the way you want.

In brief: WHMCS is automated, secure, and highly customizable – everything you need your tool for running a hosting business.

Regards,
Adrian

Hi

Thx
It is always recommended to have a billing system so that you do not have to sit and manage all the payments and Billing so that your hosting services qualities do not fall down,

WHMCS is one of the best hosting automation software. This platform provides you the innumerable amount of options to make a hosting provider site. WHMCS web hosting not only allows you to manage your clients and provide an interactive user interface, it also helps you to manage the payments.

Benefits of WHMCs Web Hosting
  • User-Friendly & Customizable
  • Billing and Automation
  • Customer Support
  • Wide Range of Integration Support
  • cPanel Web Hosting

Yes, you will need WHMCS if you run a web hosting in order to manage your servers and use the billing system. The most frequently suggested billing system for the hosting sector is WHMCS.

Back