• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Do you say Soda, Pop, or Soder?

Soft drinks can also refer to squash/non-carbonated non-alcoholic drinks though can't they?
Yeah, I used to call soft-drinks the dilutable stuff, like Jucee drinks or Caprisun.

Soda (central Indiana, most people around here say "pop" though). If you look at the label of most soft drinks, they say "x flavored soda" on them. Why call it anything else?

As for those who say they only say the brand name, how do you ask someone what kind of soda is their favorite? Or at a restaurant, what kinds of soda they serve? I think most people (except people who call everything Coke) call most sodas by their brand names, when they're referring to them individually.

In general I say 'Soda'.

Otherwise the brand name.

Benglish In A Nutshell. If I'm drunk it's "(color)/(juice name) drank". Ex: Grape fanta = "purple drank". Orange Juice or Orange fanta = "orange drank".

Atlanta, GA

I usually say soft drinks; however, I've been known to use the "<color> drank" method on occasion.

Back