• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Domain reg.

TJ

Can someone please suggest a good, reliable domain registration provider? I don't mind paying $15/yr for it. But it must be able provide url redirection to a free webspace provider. I've been looking all day and there are just too many to choose from. I prefer to use one that people are happy with.

Thanks

If you want all-in-one, I believe redirection.net offers this for $15, but Gordon's advice is right-on as well.

I have them both ways and I find paying redirection.net is a lot more reliable than the free forwarding places. So, if reliablility is important... pay the extra $5.

Originally posted by jiminsd
I have them both ways and I find paying redirection.net is a lot more reliable than the free forwarding places. So, if reliablility is important... pay the extra $5.

I've been using http://www.wzr.net for forwarding for almost a year and they've been very reliable.... Only down once for a very short time. And they're free.

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I prefer to use a paid redirection/registration all in one service just because I feel that it'll be more reliable. This is the only domain name I'll ever register so I want to make sure that it'll work and I'm not pinching pennies (but I don't want to pay $35).

I've narrowed it down to two:

1.Redirect.net, the only bad thing about them is their terms of service. It scares me when they say that they can terminate you without notice if you have illegal stuff on your site and that they are no guarantees with their services, etc. I have real audio music files on my site and I have permission but they could see that as illegal. I've seen good postings about them and they answered a question right away. So I'm torn.

2. Buydomains.com (aka DomainDiscover). Is anyone familiar with them? The only drawback to them is that you have to sign up for a minimum of two years ($16/yr) which is fine if they're good.

Any tips?

Thanks!!

Originally posted by TJ
1.Redirect.net, the only bad thing about them is their terms of service. It scares me when they say that they can terminate you without notice if you have illegal stuff on your site and that they are no guarantees with their services, etc. I have real audio music files on my site and I have permission but they could see that as illegal. I've seen good postings about them and they answered a question right away. So I'm torn.

If they are legal, then I don't think you'd have a problem. It won't even be on their servers correct? Also, you can email sales@tera-byte.com with any questions, and I'm sure they'll get back to you (if you want reassurance).

I have a server there, and they are very reasonable and very nice to work with.

Originally posted by Chicken
If they are legal, then I don't think you'd have a problem. It won't even be on their servers correct? Also, you can email sales@tera-byte.com with any questions, and I'm sure they'll get back to you (if you want reassurance).

I have a server there, and they are very reasonable and very nice to work with.

No, the files won't be on their servers. OK, you've convinced me. I'll give them a shot. Thanks for your help!!

Back