• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

domainzero, f2s & CNAMEs

defunto

it seems that CNAME option in domainzero domains doesn't works with f2s servers...

is there any way for redirect to my f2s site, with CNAME like (links pointing to your domain)???

i tryed whit experimental subdoamins pointing to microsoft.com, netscape.com, domainzero.com, altavista.com, yahoo.com...... and all they worked...why with my f2s site it doesn't works?????

most of the free services dont work with CNAMES, I dont know if it has to do with virtual hosting more than one domain on an IP or if they use a script to redirect to member's pages. I would suggest using centralinfo.net with wzr.net (since jwdx.com is STILL down)

I think your going to have trouble because a CNAME is to direct all of a domain traffic to another domain not a subdomain (which you have with a free host). I think a redirect is your only option. I'm not sure what you had going with your other subdomains.

defunto , jiminsd is right , you can't point CNAME to f2s unless they setup yourdomain in their server instead of subdomain.f2s.com so you must use redirect or frame to f2s instead.

jw , CNAME will be translated to IP so if you point to wrong CNAME this means you point to wrong IP(that didnot setup your domain here) , it won't work , if you have problem , try point to IP instead . those free hosting didn't use any script but that is the way apache server behaves.

Back