• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

doomachine2000 / wirehost.ws

Status
Not open for further replies.
dsfreak said:
I hear you HW. I really hope you get money for all of this damage, and find some way to address your users about this. The easiest thing you could do is probably just tell them flat out what happend, someone hacked your server, and the backup server, therefore, all accounts were lost.

I have to agree, theres no other way to put it, goodluck HW

Boys will be boys :) Just kidding, but after reading through this entire thread, I would reccomend legal action to hotweelz, and best of luck getting your clients back, it will be a big pain for sure, but you may be able to come afloat again. I think a bigger scam than this was the Steve something one, he basically didn't pay for his servers, got a few clients from that whole thing. Buit all scams like this affect a lot of people, and I don't like the way Gavin is addressing the situation. Just my opinion.

utcrazy said:
and I don't like the way Gavin is addressing the situation.

yeah, i dont think he realises the seriousness of this. Even if it wasn't 100% his fault.

I find you either mentally retard or trying to act funny and innocent in this entire issue.

What do you expect to happen when you indirectly wiped out someone's ENTIRE server, costing thousands in sales? You expect that by coming coming here, saying "sorry" and everything will go away? NO can do!

I read the entire thread and other than sorry and trying to wriggle and push the blame on doom, you have NEVER really admitted that you were partly at fault and come forth offering some kind of remedy.

We are talking about financial losses here, lost clients, client's sites, etc etc etc.

What do you think will happen?

gavin_2oo5 said:
OK @ hw Whats going to hapen again ?

NetCafe said:
I find you either mentally retard or trying to act funny and innocent in this entire issue.

What do you expect to happen when you indirectly wiped out someone's ENTIRE server, costing thousands in sales? You expect that by coming coming here, saying "sorry" and everything will go away? NO can do!

I read the entire thread and other than sorry and trying to wriggle and push the blame on doom, you have NEVER really admitted that you were partly at fault and come forth offering some kind of remedy.

We are talking about financial losses here, lost clients, client's sites, etc etc etc.

What do you think will happen?

100% Agreed.
Sorry isnt enough. If I attacked a person at the mall and said sorry do you think they will let me out of jail? NO
You may be a kid, but in this situation you need to act like an adult.

Regards,

I just thought I would make everyone aware, I've been using HW hosting (PrimitiveHosting.com) now for awhile, and I couldn't be happier.

I actually left, only to realize, the grass isn't greener on the other side. I tried free hosts, paid hosts, and even ad hosts, and still, nothing was quite as fast, and as reliable as Primitive Hosting. This will not ruin his reputation with me, and I will continue to recommend his service to any and everyone that asks who to use.

Infact, I proudly display his link on the footer of every page on my website, which is not at all required by him in anyway. He doesn't ask for any ads or advertising of any sort.

HW, you need to take legal action. Although, they are kids, they and their parents, are still completely accountable for what has been done. I wouldn't hold your hosting accountable, I would hold both doomachine and the other kid, as they knew exactly what they were doing hacking into the system.

It's just like owning anything else, if it doesn't belong to you, leave it alone.

ChargerTek said:
We are pleased to inform all affected clients of Chargertek and its affiliates that we have managed to restore 99% of all sites created on or before 28th january 2006. We regret we were unable to restore 3 of the hundreds of sites lost due to circumstances beyond our control. All 3 are main reseller sites but their clients are ALL INTACT.

Those affected (both reseller and hosting MAIN accounts) should FOR THE TIME BEING point their domain to the following nameservers if they are not on ns1-star to ns3 star.chargertek.com:

ns1.chargertek.com
ns2.chargertek.com

They should be able to view and access their site within 48 hours.

Kindly contact us at drsite@rtgasia.com with your domain name / username if you are still having problems.

Even so, still continue with charges.

Kommercial said:
I just thought I would make everyone aware, I've been using HW hosting (PrimitiveHosting.com) now for awhile, and I couldn't be happier.

I actually left, only to realize, the grass isn't greener on the other side. I tried free hosts, paid hosts, and even ad hosts, and still, nothing was quite as fast, and as reliable as Primitive Hosting. This will not ruin his reputation with me, and I will continue to recommend his service to any and everyone that asks who to use.

Infact, I proudly display his link on the footer of every page on my website, which is not at all required by him in anyway. He doesn't ask for any ads or advertising of any sort.

HW, you need to take legal action. Although, they are kids, they and their parents, are still completely accountable for what has been done. I wouldn't hold your hosting accountable, I would hold both doomachine and the other kid, as they knew exactly what they were doing hacking into the system.

It's just like owning anything else, if it doesn't belong to you, leave it alone.
I'm glad to hear this! I hope all HWs customers think the same!

Definately a faithful bunch over there, and only about 10% of my customers are IN the forum....

btw: Lawfirm is quoting $200 per hour.

hottweelz said:
Definately a faithful bunch over there, and only about 10% of my customers are IN the forum....

btw: Lawfirm is quoting $200 per hour.
OMG! Is that worth it?

I really hope so.
hottweelz, you are a really nice person and you did not deserve any of this to have happened to you. Nobody deserves hackers to destroy their company.
As for doommachine2000, I personally spoke to him over MSN a few times before, weeks ago. He was a complete scammer, offering impossible hosting plans, and I am glad I chose not to go with him. What seems to have happened to him though, he doesn't seem to have responded throughout this thread, and nobody seems to have mentioned talking to him recently either?
As for Gavin, I can't believe what you did. Even now, you are trying to act toally innocent and shift all the blame to doommachine2000. I haven't actually seen you admit that what you did was wrong, but I have seen doommachine2000 admit it in the transcript on the first page.
Anyway, good luck with getting everything sorted hottweelz, I really hope you get it fixed as soon as you can. Also, if you need any help at all then please don't hesitate to let me know. My MSN address is freak127@gmail.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back