• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Dot Easy!! IMPORTANT!

chesskit

Hi Everyone..

For a few days, my site http://www.chesskit.com on DotEasy *URL Removed* servers has been down. The only thing that works is mail. Even FTP is down. Is this because I installed a bad CGI Script or the server is down for maintenance? If maintenance, how long does it Take?

I am losing people that visit my site regularly.

I hope someone can help.

Thank you,

Chess Kit

My advice would be to start looking for a new host. Especially if you try them again and they don't reply, or when it comes back online they don't compensate you for not explaining it to you.

thanks!

hello,

I have sent them a message,

they have not replied. It is up now anyway.

The servers were down for over 36 hours, and I had no explanation. Is this common?

Thanks in advance...

Every now and then a thing like that happens: Hardware failure or upgrade, kernel crash/upgrade, ....

Real professional hosts solve a problem within hours and notify their customers when it does happen, they will almost always announce upgrades days in advance.

36 hours is a long time... too long, they could've built a new server and brought it online in less time... that and the fact that they didn't reply to your emails and did not give you an explanation whatsoever would make me start looking for another host.

Not common and not acceptable!

You might want to seriously look for another host with a better track record if up time and support is important to you.

Your going to spend some extra bread for peace of mind, up time and support.

Good luck

--
Scott

36 Hours is bad, we moved all of our customers from Alabanza to Ultraspeed and only had about an hour of downtime on a couple of sites (The DNS Server didn't like running properly for some reason - fixed long ago now).

So 36 Hours is not good without so much as a 'We are working on it and sorry' type email.

Back