• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Dreamweaver Good?

Heh. It's usually when I do </ and then it predicts the wrong thing :p

Yeah, I don't like that too, but it only did that because I already closed the tag I wanted to close.

Code:
<html>
<head>
<title>Blah Bumbug</title>
</head>

<body>&nbsp;

</body>
</html>

What would happen if you put a </ after &nbsp;? I'll tell you what, it'll auto-complete with </body>.

I guess in the last 7 years I've used any well known program to develop websites, and with the time I've grown to learn that nothing beats the power of the notepad, notepad2 is just awsome, notepad++ is nice as well... as for DW... I used it a lot, and I worked pretty neat things ... but then I learned that tables are not good for design issues and I was forced to learn HTML, good thing now that I think about that... so long live to notepad!

I guess in the last 7 years I've used any well known program to develop websites, and with the time I've grown to learn that nothing beats the power of the notepad, notepad2 is just awsome, notepad++ is nice as well... as for DW... I used it a lot, and I worked pretty neat things ... but then I learned that tables are not good for design issues and I was forced to learn HTML, good thing now that I think about that... so long live to notepad!

Yeah, but DW also supports float previews along with non-table layouts (Better in DW8.) I think at least that's good about DW. DW8 also has a function that makes it so that you don't have to use tables all the time I believe. (Even if it doesn't, it's still good for a lot of other things, like PHP Highlighting (It will also tell you what goes in certain things like Array, etc.), CSS Highlighting (It will tell you what properties are availible, and what values go with them), JavaScript Highlighting (Even if just using <script> and </script>. It tells you stuff like in PHP.), and more programming languages as well.)

new dreamweaver

what do you think about the fact that adobe is releasing yet another version of dreamweaver?

what do you think about the fact that adobe is releasing yet another version of dreamweaver?

I didn't know that, I assumed Adobe wouldn't continue the Macromedia Suite. (Besides, GoLive is replacing Dreamweaver, which sucks... as it sucks.) I don't care what you say about "Adobe buying out Macromedia..." but it's just like NAMCO and Xenosaga. The guy who writes the Xeno-Series story said that NAMCO won't be making an exact link to "Xenogears" because SQUARE-ENIX has those rights. So unless Adobe also bought the rights to Macromedia products, they can't re-release them.

Last edited:
No, it takes ages to load up. And it tries to make code for you, but it's just annoying!

Notepad2 all the way..

I think Dreamweaver is ok. But dreamweaver is way overpriced, there are free programs out there that produce cleaner code.

This is why you wait a while, because Adobe won't be re-releasing this program (It'll be known as Adobe GoLive! from now on.) Although some things (Like Anime DVDs) go up in price when you do this.

I think adobe is releasing more versions ad infinitum to make $$$$$$$$ :lol:

Shock horror ! I must call MS, and tell them about this, does Bill know yet? :lol:

Don't they all rhianna, I'm sticking with my 3-4 year old versions which does just what I need :)

Liked it better when it was Macromedia - why did Adobe feel the need, they had the doc management side of things. And they're web apps sucked - oh that was it :evilb:

Then we should all switch to HTML-Kit, if you get the PHP Recognition plugin, it'll be basically as good as Dreamweaver.

Thanks for the tip, Iyeru :)

Is the PHP Recognition plugin free, or does one need to register and pay more for the added utility?

Thanks for the tip, Iyeru :)

Is the PHP Recognition plugin free, or does one need to register and pay more for the added utility?

Plugins are basically all free (So is the program.) I didn't have to register, you probably don't either.

Back