• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

DVD problem

What's it not coming out of? Desktop, laptop... DVD player??

If its a laptop, take it to a shop. If its a desktop, it probably wont be much to fix but if you don't know what you're doing, take it to a shop.

Should be a little pin-hole sized hole in the drive. Put a needle or paperclip in there (if it's small enough) and it should open right up.

Just make sure that it is powered off when you do this. Otherwise it will immeadiately turn the motor on to suck it back in, and if the disc is spinning you could hit it and put a huge gash in it's surface.

But the pin release method is usually available on both desktops and laptops. Any straight stiff piece of wire works, a lot of times I use a straightened paperclip.

Sometimes a program like PowerDVD "locks" the drive shut while it's running, and sometimes, if the program has a glitch, it stays locked even though you closed the program. restarting your computer will fix that problem. or, download "imgburn" and it has an option to lock and unlock the tray.

Sometimes a program like PowerDVD "locks" the drive shut while it's running, and sometimes, if the program has a glitch, it stays locked even though you closed the program. restarting your computer will fix that problem. or, download "imgburn" and it has an option to lock and unlock the tray.

In addition to what Meksilon said;
If your drive is old, from what my shop has seen, there is a large amount of dust built-up inside the drive along the gears and motor for the slide. If you want, I can make you a video tutorial on how to fix it if you haven't fixed it already.
If it was a cheap drive, just buy a new one then, as my fix only lasts temporarily, up to 3-5 months depending on your use.

Another problem:
downloadfq.png

To replicate:
Open in IE8 at 1920x1080 res with window maximized, enable "compatability view". What is going on???

dvd is not come out to press eject, if your right side your dvd writer a little hole for pin you can use that hole for eject your dvd.

This thread is from April 2012, I am pretty sure this is fixed now.

Maybe someone can lock this topic manual?

And whilst your at it slap most of those that replied...

Unless the OP would be willing to say what else they were doing at the time (some live CD/DVD distros lock the drive so you can't take the OS disk out) and what with and to whom it was just pointless to answer...

Enter a pin in bottom the DVD room and try to again eject, if problem in hardware than solve by this way. But in case of other problem than take it repairing shop.

Back