• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Email Newsletter to 100,000

rawedit

I currently run several web sites and send a out a weekly email newsletter for one of these sites. The newsletter goes out to 100,000 recipients. I am currently hosting the list with MindShare Design for $100 / month.

I have purchased a PHP mailing list program, Octeth Email Manager Pro, and I am interested in leasing my own dedicated server. I am planning on hosting all the sites on this server, but I would also like to use it to send out the weekly newsletter.

Is a dedicated server going to be able to handle sending out the newsletter, or is a dedicated server going to be overkill? I have no idea, please advise!

Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Aaron Desmond
aaron@rawedit.com

Given the fact that you are planning on sending out 100,000 e-mails i would seriously advise that you DO get a dedicated server.

James

depends how large e-mails you are sending out :)

actually, for better performance you may want to advance to your own dedicated server platform. You may also want to ask your current host if they can handle this amount of sent emails using their SMTP server.... Also, people experience a better performance if you move to Postfix or Qmail.

www.postfix.org
or
www.qmail.org

Back