• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Error On Login

deeplist

Entrepreneur
NLC
For the last couple of days (maybe 4 or 5) I've received the following error immediately after logging in.
It's not browser or computer specific because it does it on both my laptop and desktop.

wtffwserror.png

I'm looking into this. I've optimized some database tables. Nothing is broken from what I can see. I don't get this message when I login.

Anyone else receive this message?

I don't understand how http://freewebspace.net/forums/ is an "invalid redirect url".

I have never gotten it here, but I get it at several other VB forums quite regularly after signing in. No idea what is causing it.

Just to note - I too get this error.
It occurs in the following situation;

1) Log out
2) Visit http://freewebspace.net/forums
3) Use the log in panel at the top right (quick login)
4) You will be immediatley redirected to "www.freewebspace.net/forums" and get the error;

vBulletin Message
Invalid Redirect URL (http://freewebspace.net/forums/)

This does NOT occur when you go to the login page AFTER visiting without www (you are redirected to www. with no error)

Thanks for the info. That may be why I haven't noticed any errors. I'll look into it.

I've changed the forum url setting now. Let's see if this changes anything.

Kinda scary. I was logged out (I'm guessing with the fix) and was not able to log in again. Took me 4 of my 5 tries. I was using the correct password every single time. Then I got the "Invalid Security Token" message and had to log in yet again.

Here now and everything appears to be working, but if you notice a bunch of invalid login attempts and people not being able to get to the board, that's why.

I no longer get this error, but a strange thing was happening. If I login it says I logged in, "click to redirect blah". But it goes back to the main page and says I'm not logged in. But I opened a new tab, and it has logged me in.

When this setting was changed, I believe it changed cookies and that's what's causing this. But it should be ok next time you login.

I no longer get this error, but a strange thing was happening. If I login it says I logged in, "click to redirect blah". But it goes back to the main page and says I'm not logged in. But I opened a new tab, and it has logged me in.

^ Did this with me too today.

It's still happening for me. It stopped for a few days, but its starting to do it again. Have to click another link before I'm actually shown as being logged in.

That's weird, I have not found any reason for this but I'll investigate. Anyone else have this problem?

I`ve had it just now.

I logged on to the forums but it just redirected back to the forum home not showing that I logged in, so I logged in again and it did the same thing again! Clicked through to a thread and noticed it showed me as logged in.

I just experienced this as well, used the top right login on index page and said I was logged in, but showed I wasnt on the index. I clicked into a forum section and showed I am logged in

Back