• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

eWebCity --> Brinkster.com

Eclipse

Hello world!! :)

My first post in this forum that is INCREDIBLE fast and that looks like an English mirror of the Swedish http://www.webforum.nu ;-)

Webforum doesn't have "Preview Post"!

---

I looked into eWebCity to host my payed personal webpage. I like the FTP-feature. When I hit eWebCity.com in my browser I get redirected to brinkster.com. Has eWebCity changed name?

My second concern is speed... I don't really care THAT much but the speed at brinkster.com wasn't too exiting... Maybe just a coincident...

/ jakob

I hope my signature doesn't offend anyone.

---

I'd say the swedish webforum is more ASP oriented (maybe just my personal view). I want to run Microsoft ASP pages in combination with Access database connections.

I have nothing against PHP, I'm sure it's good, but in my work as a webbprogrammer, the Microsoft solutions gives me more relevant knowledge.

I'm one of those geeks that actually likes Macs as well. Nevermind, but I'm looking for a host that has asp + access services.

/ jakob

Hmm... maybe your wife will be offended? :)

I think in Sweden ASP is much more common than anywhere else. I don't know why, but that's my impression. Maybe it's because a majority of webhosts in Sweden offer NT and in the US it's more Unix/linux than NT.

I've just started to learn both ASP and PHP and I must say that my first reaction was that PHP is even easier than ASP. And the excellent docs on php.net makes it easy to learn.

OK, PHP is that simple!? I'll take the challange! ;-)

Maybe this forum will help me connecting a databse to a php account?

I use UltraDev and after trying Microsofts InterDev i was so happy we never bought that tool!! Unfortunatley a new version of UltraDev was released a week after we bought our copies... and the copy we have just supports ASP 2.0.

Anyway, maybe there are a good php host out there... and please give me a hint of a database engine! Is MySQL the way to go?

Stay on topic

Please don't post stuff that isn't related to my original post. I'm still looking for alternatives to Brinkster.com.

thanx,

/ jakob

Since you're in Sweden... I've heard some people recommending the swedish host Digikom.net. Offer both ASP and PHP and have some good prices, but I haven't tried them.

http://www.digikom.net/

Are you just looking for a cheap ASP host, or what exactly are you looking for?

Thank you for digikom. I'll keep an eye on them. I just want a personal webbpage! But I do webbprogramming for living so it would be stupid not haveing a database to use...

I actually have a "secret whish-list". I want to make a dynamic, free-of-charge diary service. Not to make any money but to get the know-how.

It should be all self run, no human interaction from the staff (me) and people can configure and use their own diaries to use on their own frame-based sites.

thank you,

/ jakob

Back