• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Few Questions.

penny665

i been wanting to get into the web hosting business for quiet some time now. Im on a very tight budget so its been pretty hard to get going.

I recently purchased yourwebhost.us, and got web hosting off ebay for it, the hosting is pretty darn good i have no complaints. I am also offering web hosting services through a 3rd party, and i get comission on each sale. BUT each sale has to be paid yearly, I personally would not want to pay some of the yearly prices they have setup, and that i can setup, would much rather pay monthly as would everyone else as i would think. Plus i dont have nameservers. i dont know if thats a must have, but i think they are one of the basics.

I Like the way everything is setup, and how i can control every aspect of the plans offered EXCEPT monthly payments. So im looking into getting a resellers account, and doing i guess you could say "the real deal!"

But Like i said im on a very tight budget. Also am VERY weiry on the results i could possibly get. I dont want to go out and pay tons of money, and not yeild any kind of results.

Now onto my questions i would really like to have answered.

-What are the costs, and how much should i REALLY spend just starting up with 0 customers?

-Are there any website affilaite or reseller out there that offer a free resellers accounts, where i could possibly control the plan packages, and other aspects you would want for reselling. PLUS monthly billing.

-Since i have so many questions should i really venture in the web hosting business?

Serious replies would be appreciated, any help is also GREATLY appreciated.

thank you,
Jason

-Since i have so many questions should i really venture in the web hosting business?
If you think you have what it takes and the time to offer support then yes!

-Are there any website affilaite or reseller out there that offer a free resellers accounts, where i could possibly control the plan packages, and other aspects you would want for reselling. PLUS monthly billing.
I'm actualy setting something like this up at the moment, if you want more information please PM me.

-What are the costs, and how much should i REALLY spend just starting up with 0 customers?
Just starting out? with a reseller account? Hmm... Lets see:

$7.95/mo [ reseller account from HD ]
$10.00/mo [ client exec billing from HD ]
$1/mo [ dedicated IP for SSL ]

=============
$18.95 / month
=============

$15.99/yr SSL cert

First Month (Includes year payments):
======
$34.94
======

You can miss the SSL and client exec, but it does put customers off when you use phpcoin or other free versions or do everything over email, it also makes your life a hell of a lot easier.

It depends. If you want to look serious:
- $8/month for reseller account (decide on quality, NOT price)
- $3/month for private nameservers with dedicated IPs
- Billing Software: $12/month clientexec OR $35 (one time) whoiscart
- $ 15 SSL cert

Some good host offer real Reseller packages (with all the above except SSL) - expect to pay $20 or more per month.
(Make sure the provider of the reseller account can sustain the business: Divide 1000 by the price you pay, that is the number of accounts they put on a server (roughly). Multiply this number with the transfer (in GB) you get. More than 2000GB? Overselling. Much more? Take the provider out from consideration, the server will be heavily oversold, slow and bad for your reputation.)

For hosting friends: $5 reseller account

Most host would do that.

You should if it interests you BECAUSE you have questions. Most hosts without questions (and a way of thinking those through) fail.

Back