• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

FireFox 4?

foo2thabar

NLC
I switched over the day it was released after checking it out. Was using Chrome before. Seems to play better with dark GTK themes and has less of a memory leak than FF3. Chrome is glitchy sometimes, too. I couldn't leave a chrome window open overnight because it would freeze later.

Much leaner program. Like Opera. But less compatibility problems. It seems like they did well with this one. The previous Firefox programs became memory hogs and bloated.

I like it. I still prefer Opera because it's a tad faster, but this is still a very solid browser... I might switch over to it.

Firefox+Chrome=the best browsers in these days. Indeed, Firefox 4 is improved now from the point of memory usage. It's faster and with a new clean look.
PS: For IE users, IE9 is released too.

Firefox+Chrome=the best browsers in these days. Indeed, Firefox 4 is improved now from the point of memory usage. It's faster and with a new clean look.
PS: For IE users, IE9 is released too.

You can be hanged here for discussing IE in anything other than a negative light

737px-Execution_Lincoln_assassins.jpg

I didn't say anything good or bad about IE, all I said was that IE 9 was released too. Everyone is free to use any browser they like.

If you want your computer to be infected, go ahead and keep enjoying IE. You won't be enjoying your computer very long.

IE 9 is only for Vista and 7(Not XP) but I still wouldn't trust it because of the bad reputation Internet Explorer has. Sorry but I am paranoid about using it. Lol.

Anyone else follow FF4 through the long Beta process? Yes, the memory leak situation was becoming infamous, but it took them several Beta attempts to make it better. I have used FF as my primary browser for years now, so I jumped on about version 4 at about Beta 7. Unfortunately people gave them heat about "the tiring beta process" so someone in Firefox marketing got grumpy that everyone else has high version numbers and FF is "only on version 4", so now they want to release versions 5 6 7 8 with only some five new features each to catch up.

IE 9 is only for Vista and 7(Not XP) but I still wouldn't trust it because of the bad reputation Internet Explorer has. Sorry but I am paranoid about using it. Lol.

It's a pretty secure browser, but it's performance leaves something to be desired. It's slower than Firefox. But still a sharp improvement over IE6. And yes, Safari is really a bad browser on PC... terrible.

Tao: That sounds pretty silly if you ask me. It's best to come up with minor improvements along the way. Like 4.1, 4.5, etc. I don't see why they should simply catch up with numbers. Firefox 4.0 is such a sharp improvement over 3.x... I prefer Mozilla sticking to their plan in releasing minor updates in smaller numbers (like 4.1, etc)... if you know what I mean.

Last edited:
I can't believe you took my post seriously ;)

I know you're never serious. ;)

RLSHosting: I highly doubt that analysis. And I'm not even an IE fan.
Oh, no I meant AboutWeb's comment of "I didn't say anything good or bad about IE, all I said was that IE 9 was released too. Everyone is free to use any browser they like."

And for the record, AboutWeb, my opinion is the dogma here. You are not allowed to defy me.

Chromium has the feature for their extensions where you can choose to allow certain ones in incognito and disallow others. Firefox lacks this feature.
For instance let's say you use the addon Webmail Notifier or whatever it is called in Firefox. If you go in Private browsing, the addon will go ahead and log you into Google, Live or whatever else you have going on in the addon. BAM! breach of privacy!
Also what is the deal with the spelling, it's clearly one word, yet I always find myself typing it FireFox instead of Firefox. Main reason is that it is made up of two individual words, Fire and Fox. Cunning as a fox, but hot as fire. Obviously this problem would have never existed had they chosen a name like... Chromium, which incidentally is what Google chose for their browser.
Anyways, I'm just rambling on here. I'll just hit Post and then we can all get on with our day.

I've never been impressed by the instability of Chrome, and it's lack of features in other areas. Chrome, or Chromium (aren't either fine?)... is not a stable browser and has a very long way to go. It even has trouble with Flash and Java. I even find Opera to be the fastest, yet lacking features. Firefox struck a perfect balance with 4.0... as they streamlined the entire program.

Firefox 4 is way better than its predecessor imo. However, I still prefer Chrome because its more...light? Firefox seems to eat lots more memory than Chrome when I open a whole bunch of tabs.

Oh, and the only part that I don't like about Firefox 4 is that they removed the Ctrl+E shortcut key focus on the search box.

Back