• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

fraud protection & dedicated server resellers

Darknight

Premium
Premium Member
NLC
What sort of fraud protection should I have if I was going to resell dedicated servers, how do you guys manage fraud???, I dont wanna be out 200+ dollars from fraud/charge backs etc.

If you're using WHMCS, Use Maxmind + Phone verification system. If client pays via credit card, ask for Govt. issued documents OR scanned copies of credit cards to verify if he is the REAL credit card HOLDER.

There are many other security steps that can be used to protect yourself from frauds.

Wajdan314, does asking for copies of ID and credit cards turn people away? I've never experienced this when ordering a dedicated server. Phone verification is one thing, but I think many people (myself included) may be freaked out if you are asking for copies of their ID.

yes I would not ask people for ID...
I have done it a few times before, its really annoying, I went to order a burt VPS just now and they had forms I had to fill in, I left, cant be bothered filling in forms and giving over ID.

I really am just interested to know what people are doing for fraud protection and how they are managing

Use trusted billing systems and payment gateways. I would recommend 2CO. Check every customer. If you doubt call them personally. Once you gain your customer base you will find that really easy to manage

Back