• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Free Application Hosting- Forums, Blogs, Podcasts, and more!

theswagbayorg

Hello Folks,
I would like to present TheSwagBay's free application hosting. If you have a forum, blog, cms site, or any other "database based" application, why not host it for free? Even if you are completely new to online applications, we still can set you up with any application! Heres what we can offer as far as applications go:

-Forums such as phpBB, SMF, XMB, MyBB, PunBB, and a slew more. If you own a Vbulletin licence, we also allow Vbulletin as well.

-Blogs including Joomla, Wordpress, necleus, Pixie and more (almost 15 more!)

-CMS of all types are allowed, as long as they comply with our TOU.

-Wikis are allowed.

-Estores are allowed

-Podcasts are allowed

-and actually, much more. There are so many open source apps out there, so to be clear, if it uses a database, and is classified as an "Web App", then we will host it! If you have questions about this, please PM us.

All hosting comes with email, domain, and managed file services (FTP, etc), as well as lots of webspace and bandwidth (we can't use the word unlimited, but we can assure you its very high).

Heres how we can offer free application hosting. Once you have our team install your web application, one of our Tech guys will contact you on where we can place an advert on your website. We offer a few different choices when It comes to adverts, such as text based ads, contextual ads, or even video based ads.

All free plans are subject to our Terms of Use (TOU), which can be viewed/read by contacting us (just PM us)

Finally, if by now you are wondering, we dont have a website (well, sort of, but not for hosting.) We have just found that most of our business comes from forums like this, and a website is not needed.

Thanks and enjoy!
-TheSwagBay Admin Team

Hallo!

Here's a new wrinkle on hosting! It seems to almost be "forcing" the quality of clients higher.

However, the gold may be in the "education for ad placement". I am completely new to all of these web apps, so if "we still can set you up with any application!" holds true, then I am very interested to trade "education for ads"! I have this in my notes so I'll probably send y'all a note soon.

And how exactly does one sign up? There is no web address to click/copy & paste, and TheSwagBay.com is only a "CPanel was successfully set up" page, assuming thats the address.

If you cannot take the time to make a default website, then how do you expect your clients to feel comfortable should anything arise?

Like I said in my post, we don't have a website because we have no need for one. I currently host applications for about 16 customers.....and provide support via email, skype, PM, or even by phone. That information is sent when an user (such as yourself or anybody on these forums), lets me know they would like an account.

If you would like to make an account, PM me with your domain and email, and I will make an account for you. You can test out our support instantly, and you will see, we are quick to respond.

Thanks so much!

PS theswagbay.com isn't our main site....its just a parked domain by one of our administrators, untill he can dedicate time to develope the site....(no idea what he is thinking.....xD)

Hallo!

Here's a new wrinkle on hosting! It seems to almost be "forcing" the quality of clients higher.

However, the gold may be in the "education for ad placement". I am completely new to all of these web apps, so if "we still can set you up with any application!" holds true, then I am very interested to trade "education for ads"! I have this in my notes so I'll probably send y'all a note soon.

Yes, sounds good. Just send me your plans, and I can set everything up for you. In your note, please include your domain name and email address. Thanks!

PM messages not working, email us instead to sign up.

Hi,
Sorry about this, but It seems my forums account here doesnt have the right permissions to send/recieve messages. Please email sales@theswagbay.org instead with your domain and email to sign up (also include your web application's name).
Sorry about any inconvenience!

And how exactly does one sign up? There is no web address to click/copy & paste, and TheSwagBay.com is only a "CPanel was successfully set up" page, assuming thats the address.

If you cannot take the time to make a default website, then how do you expect your clients to feel comfortable should anything arise?

I took a guess Sain Cai and I came up with this.

http://theswagbay.org/content.php

New yes, but at least it's there.

However that newness still isn't encouraging about a setup offer guaranteed to pummel them with advanced setup tickets. ("We take databased clients only")

I keep posting on this forum, and my posts must be of been denied? Im not sure, but heres the thing, That website, theswagbay.org, is actually one of our admin's website that we host for him....Its Vbulletin, meaning its "databased"

If you want sign up, please email us with your domain and email. Our email is sales@theswagbay.org. If you dont think we are up to par (as somewhat noted by other posts) with our hosting and support, you may post that all over these forums. But I can assure you, we don't disappoint.

Thanks!
-Scott

And a few more that we arnt ready to share yet :p
Quoted from their site...based on how they write, this site must be done by some under age kid, or he/they never went to school.

2elqtdg.png

Last edited:
I dont mean to sound rude, but what does ONE typo on a brand new site have anything to do with hosting QoS?

FYI arnt is now fixed to are not

Before you complain about my hosting, why dont you try it out and if it is still bad, THEN post here. At least then you are honestly reviewing my hosting.

The bottom line is, The Swag Bay is a completely different project, and is in no was affiliated with our hosting.

I am willing to show you some of our currently hosted sites if you wish, as long as I run it through with my clients.

You need something like 10 posts to be able to send PMs, so you wont have any luck with the new one (which is likely against the rules as well)

Your reputation isn't very good as well.

Rep -1 for making a second account trying to break the rules.

New Info in thread after moderated posts appeared

I keep posting on this forum, and my posts must be of been denied? Im not sure, but here's the thing, That website, theswagbay.org, is actually one of our admin's website that we host for him....Its Vbulletin, meaning its "databased"

If you want sign up, please email us with your domain and email. Our email is sales@theswagbay.org. If you don't think we are up to par (as somewhat noted by other posts) with our hosting and support, you may post that all over these forums. But I can assure you, we don't disappoint.

Thanks!
-Scott

Okay, let's see what all is going on here!

"Too late to help you now" a quick tip is that yes, the first posts of a new member are indeed moderated, which can prove frustrating for a Launch thread! Sain Cai, what do you think about putting in your Note to New Hosts that they should start out with about five "advice posts" so that they can unlock posts and PMs to their account, then launch their host offering?

Meanwhile, Scott and VexedGenie/______ by now lots of new information is here, so I am putting my two bits in for everyone to re-evaluate the thread with all the moderated posts slid in between the other ones! So now what do we have...

I think you may be quite right that you currently have no major web sales campaign, but having *no* website at all is a bit unnerving. It's that famous joke from offline that "to hire a service you look at what they did for themselves", however for new hosts is becoming "let's launch in Beta and let it shake out later". So Sain Cai and I tried to get some kind of foothold, because we've almost never heard of a host without ANY website, (even if in various shades of incomplete Beta glory!). My advice is to make a simple 3-page lander-page just to give clients SOMEWHERE to go, and then it directs them that primary support is email, etc. One page might be a copy of your ad posted above, so the client knows he's got the right place, and the third is a FAQ that evolves as stuff shows up.

I am certainly still interested... I am just remarking on some facets of your unusual introductory approach!

Let's look at this remark: "If you don't think we are up to par ... with our hosting and support, you may post that all over these forums. But I can assure you, we don't disappoint." I'm game to give you folks a thorough test of that! I'm perhaps at the 70% mark on sternness when I put my Evaluation hat on, so if you get by me, I'd gander that you would be well on your way. I will remind you once of the consequences of your remark above, combined with the one in your ad that said, "Even if you are completely new to online applications, we still can set you up with any application!" This means you must expect several educational tickets because you are purposely aiming for higher grades of content to be hosted than 75% of normal web sites!

So with my usual speech delivered, off we go!

Last edited:
I understand TaoPhoenix,
Here is what I will do. I will make a website, with links to support, policies, the whole nine yards. As soon as that is complete, I will post the link here. Give me roughly a week to build the site (I'm going to do a full site, rather that just a small lander-page. After hearing from other people here, a website is the way to go. Sorry about any misunderstandings here.

Oh, and I will take you up on that offer. I would love for somebody from here to try out my services, and report back. I can either set you up now or after I set up the hosting site. That choice is up to you.

Anyway thanks all, hopefully I will hear from you soon!

-Scott

Back