• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

free .com for class website...

tdude51

Hi, I was wondering if anybody could get me a free .com name for a website for my english class. It would have little traffic and I don't need a lot of space. I'm trying to get the domain name www.period3rocks.com. I can also do a url redirect to a freewebs.com site if that is better. I'm willing to put some ads if necessary. Thanks =).

Last edited:
bozley05 said:
Surely you could all get everyone to chuck in 10 cents and register it from www.ipower.com ($2.95)

generally when people need a domain, its not the money thats the problem its the means of paying for the domain.

Teachers don't have credit cards? Parents? Surely, out of ~30 students, someones parent doesn't believe in the Online CC Number Stealing monster.

I'm not the teacher, lol. It is made entirely by the 8th grade students and approved by our english teacher. Anyway, heres the site so far: http://www.freewebs.com/period3rocks
Just a url redirect would be nice... I can put some ads on and there won't be lots of traffic, I just want www.period3rocks.com free...
NOTE: I am not the creator (greg is) but he knows I'm doing this and is a-ok.

If you'd move the site to Outhost.org, I could provide a free .info domain name for you (and place a single Google Leaderboard Ad on the Forum and homepage).

Hey, what about period3.info? It's shorter than the .com domain. Also, I could help you out with the site if so needed.

Last edited:
Ask Greg if he could move the entire site (forum, main page, etc., everything) to Outhost.org. You'd get a real domain, with cPanel and fantastico, and I could help you setup the site/move. Ask Greg to visit the Outhost.org forums and talk to me about moving the site/the domain.

tdude51, I PMed you. If you are interested, PM me back or email me at admin@kabuanime.net

If you really need hosting, I can even host your site for free since its low bandwidth as long as you agree to the conditions I sent you.
A class of 8th graders making a site, I admire that. xD I've always wanted to do that when I was in middle school, man I miss middle school, high school sucks. Hope your site goes well.

Last edited:
I answered the questions you had about my offer, just email me back if you need more info.
The domain name I provide you with, will be .com.
Even .net, .us or whatever you need.

Back