• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Free Domain Name

Don't get a free domain name! I did, now I don't own the name, can't transfer it, can't do anything with it! I really wish I had paid for it. $10 a year is well worth it.

what happened to domainzero?
I had a domain with them, and when I tried to go edit it, I saw the new site
I never recieved any email from them or anything explaining the change, how do I edit my DNS info?

Hi all - my first of hopefully many here :)

NameZero has definately got me confused. I registered a domain for my father in October 2000 and it was fine, no problems and was impressed since it was the only place I knew that had free domains at the time (Plus the 5 free email aliases sure looked good too)

Then I tried to register a domain for myself there in January and it never sent the confirmation. I tried a friend who lived outside the US and it was a no-go for him. Then a mate in the US tried and got the same story as me (they never sent the confirmation back)

So I got hold of NameDemo and filled in all my details, and they didn't accept my credit card OR my fathers (yes there was money on both cards!)

So then I heard of Beenz, what a joke! You can only get about 10 beenz per day when you need 3900 to get a domain from some Asian company they are affiliated with - sounds like a scam to me.

So I've come to the conclusion to those wanting a cheap and free domain, dont bother. Save your pennies and get the real mcoy. However if someone can prove me wrong, please tell me within 48 hours, because I'm going to register one!

Originally posted by Gnubie
So then I heard of Beenz, what a joke! You can only get about 10 beenz per day when you need 3900 to get a domain from some Asian company they are affiliated with - sounds like a scam to me.
You can collect beenz from a lot of places, and you can play lotto and stuff to win beenz... who said you can only get 10 beenz per day?

You need 3000 beenz in order to register a domain at that asian registrar, not 3900, and the last time I heard, they don't allow ppl to use beenz to register domains anymore, so if you joined beenz just for the domain, you can forget about it.

BTW, I don't think it's a scam, a person from the boards once said that s/he got 2 domains this way.

Definitely pay to register it. Anyone(excpet the losers who are 15 and have no money and can't get a job and their parents won't give them money....) can afford to pay 10 bucks a year.

Originally posted by LeX
Originally posted by Gnubie
You can collect beenz from a lot of places, and you can play lotto and stuff to win beenz... who said you can only get 10 beenz per day?

You need 3000 beenz in order to register a domain at that asian registrar, not 3900, and the last time I heard, they don't allow ppl to use beenz to register domains anymore, so if you joined beenz just for the domain, you can forget about it.

BTW, I don't think it's a scam, a person from the boards once said that s/he got 2 domains this way.

According to the Beenz site - "Buy domain names with beenz! Prices start at 3900!" This is linked to RegistrarAsia.Com

Ok I've 'tried' to collect Beenz from other places and you actually have to pay to get beenz, such as buy a mobile to get 500 beenz. I have entered lotto and raffles, but it's a scam. I'd definately not recommend this to any friends, in fact I'd advise them to stay clear.

I suggest you skip the games and just do it the ol' fashioned way. In the long run, less hassles. Just pick a good, inexpensive registrar.

Well, okay, then... 3900 beenz. I haven't been there for a few months.

BTW, either just pay for it or try to get it from some free domain place like Namezero.com or emeisp.com, but you won't have control over your domains (unless you pay the company something like 50 bucks).

Back