• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

free host industry

this thread is about the free host industry
how it makes money with out ads on userpagers
how we get traffic
how to stay up
how is free host industry as a whole

First is never use pirated software, whether it be WHMCS or Direct Admin, 2 of which you know personally about.

I think the main disconnect in the free webhosting industry today is the illusion of competition among free providers. Our primary competitors now are ultra low cost paid providers such as those selling accounts for as little as $0.75 per month when paid yearly. Just a few years ago, someone could setup a successful free webhosting provider with just a reseller account at HostGator and a phpBB forum. That is no longer the case.

The solution is innovation, risk taking, and bold steps that paid webhosting providers can't match with their pursuit of the lowest possible costs with the maximum amount of revenue in return. For example, how many http://mojolicio.us/ compatible providers advertise at FreeWebSpace.net? Just one. Mine.

I think the main disconnect in the free webhosting industry today is the illusion of competition among free providers. Our primary competitors now are ultra low cost paid providers such as those selling accounts for as little as $0.75 per month when paid yearly. Just a few years ago, someone could setup a successful free webhosting provider with just a reseller account at HostGator and a phpBB forum. That is no longer the case.

The solution is innovation, risk taking, and bold steps that paid webhosting providers can't match with their pursuit of the lowest possible costs with the maximum amount of revenue in return. For example, how many http://mojolicio.us/ compatible providers advertise at FreeWebSpace.net? Just one. Mine.
i think that people are just whant to make a bit of money of co-branded than get a resellers to get a vps than make more money then move to dedicated server this is how it works

i think that people are just whant to make a bit of money of co-branded than get a resellers to get a vps than make more money then move to dedicated server this is how it works

and they fail for the reasons I mentioned above.

how we get traffic
how to stay up

1) You don't.
2) Word of mouth/advertise
3) Don't close? I don't really understand this question, it's not like it costs a lot of money to run a free host -- a kid could do it off a $25/month allowance. If you ever do get to the point where you can't purchase another server and space is running out, close signups.
4) You tell me. This forum is pretty much dead and only has 15-20 regular members still posting here. Not that I'm saying free web hosting is dead, but it should give you a pretty clear picture of the "industry".

Really, I don't understand why you even have to ask these questions. Go look them up on your own and do your own research, if you can't do that you have no business running a host.

1) You don't.
2) Word of mouth/advertise
3) Don't close? I don't really understand this question, it's not like it costs a lot of money to run a free host -- a kid could do it off a $25/month allowance. If you ever do get to the point where you can't purchase another server and space is running out, close signups.
4) You tell me. This forum is pretty much dead and only has 15-20 regular members still posting here. Not that I'm saying free web hosting is dead, but it should give you a pretty clear picture of the "industry".

Really, I don't understand why you even have to ask these questions. Go look them up on your own and do your own research, if you can't do that you have no business running a host.
so you think the free hosting bunnisss is over supplied
2. i think paid hosting is dieing free webhosting is getting more poperler

so you think the free hosting bunnisss is over supplied
2. i think paid hosting is dieing free webhosting is getting more poperler

Yeah it's oversupplied because everyone is giving their friends free web hosting. Name ten free hosts that have been around for the last five years that are quality -- because I can come up with a few, but not ten.

What's the point of this thread, if you don't mind me asking? I can't help but notice it's in the "test things out" category...

Yeah it's oversupplied because everyone is giving their friends free web hosting. Name ten free hosts that have been around for the last five years that are quality -- because I can come up with a few, but not ten.

What's the point of this thread, if you don't mind me asking? I can't help but notice it's in the "test things out" category...
the point of this is to get a plan on how the best way to run free webhosting is.
inc makeing money with keeping uptime and speed

the point of this is to get a plan on how the best way to run free webhosting is.
inc makeing money with keeping uptime and speed

Shouldn't it be in free hosting discussions or host talk then?

And you can't make money on free hosts unless you force ads on people and even then that will only earn you profit if they have popular websites. And if you need help making a plan to run a free web host, you may want to re-think your decision. Do you have a business plan made yet? If not, I highly, highly recommend you do that.

Shouldn't it be in free hosting discussions or host talk then?

And you can't make money on free hosts unless you force ads on people and even then that will only earn you profit if they have popular websites. And if you need help making a plan to run a free web host, you may want to re-think your decision. Do you have a business plan made yet? If not, I highly, highly recommend you do that.
my idea is ads on the homepage and on singup page and contaer panle

He is only asking this because he has his own co-branded youhosting crap and I refused to get him any traffic by advertising for him.

It's just another "I am gonna get rich" dream that will come crashing down. Youhosting is horrible for hosting and even if he does manage to get clients (seeing how he has banned from several forums already) they are likely to leave. Free hosting is NOT a money maker unless you have been around for several years and have a great track record (neither of which he has).

how we get traffic
how to stay up

Here is the answer. You don't!

how we get traffic
You already getting enough traffic every most of us here who go and see how incomplete your website is.

how to stay up
Don't sleep, then you can stay up the whole night.

From what I see, most free host is creating more holes and stay up as a whole.

Back