• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Free hosting control panel for CentOS 5?

There are a lot of "free" ones, but none as good as the paid ones. While direct admin is not as good as cPanel, it can be had cheaply, and is much better than the free ones.

If you have some funds which can be invested into development - hire programmer and you will have your own control panel.

I use Virtualmin GPL with my CentOS servers. It's stable and practical, but some people dislike it because it has a different structure than cpanel.

The question is are you going to enforce ads on the free hosting? If not you can always get any regular reseller/vps/dedicated server and use WHMCS or any billing account and offer free hosting that way.

Plesk is free for one domain.
Kloxo is free for 40 domains * unlimited if you register it.
Virtualmin is nice an since your already running webmin there won't be any downtime or formatting.
DirectAdmin is usually free to $7ish depending on your provider.
cPanel lists at $15 for a VPs.
ehcp is a free Ubuntu panel.

i have been using the new open source kloxo and its really nice. the domain number is unlimited now and they have a good team updating it often.

Webin is free but don't expect it to match cpanel/Directadmin in terns of features.
However I discovered one "plus" with Webmin: We installed DirectAdmin over top and both seemed to function fine with no data damage. So it was a painless control panel upgrade. (Caveat: This was a couple years ago so I'm not sure if things have changed since then.) But it's food for thought in case you want to upgrade later.

Back