• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Free or paid hosting?

euk-damien

What will you prefer Free or Paid hosting?
I think free hosting sucks!
Paid hosting is a good choice bcoz "You get what you pay for".

Well there is a big difference in free/paid!
With paid hosting clients do not have to worry about having to run ads or banners on their website. When people start out with free they usually end up moving to a paid provider at some point.
Their own domain name, no ads, freedom to install various scripts, etc.
The list goes on :D

It highly depends on the expectations. I remember that I had no problem with netfirms's free hosting some years ago. I had a simple HTML website and I didn't care much for uptime/downtime. Not that I was aware of any downtimes. :)

If only things were so simple... :)

IMO free hosting can be a great way to learn a lot of things without spending money.

Last edited:
If you are still at school then free hosting may be a good option, but for anyone older with an income, playing a few dollars each month for hosting really isn't a huge expense. As ldcdc said in terms of price it isn't always that simple. Finding the a host which has a reasonable mix of features for a reasonable price is your best option. Avoid the super cheap hosts and the super expensive ones (unless they offer a service that others don't) :)

Last edited:
euk-damien said:
What will you prefer Free or Paid hosting? I think free hosting sucks!

I would prefer free hosting. Don't have to pay. Don't really understand the point of this topic.

Best

If its anything stable that you want go with paid, unless of course Bill Gates is your best friend and is giving you free hosting, you run the risk of being dumped on your butt when your free host doesnt pay his bills.

If you have created your personal site just for fun, free webhosting is a good option but if it's a source of income for you then you should go for paid hosting. Every business needs investment:) .

I agree Priyanka. IMO, it depends on the kind of site and requirements to run it all the way. If you are starting small personal site that consists of a some html files then free hosting is good way to go. To run business or professional website that needs PHP, database and no ads on the site, It is better to go with the quality and reliable paid host. :classic2:

Free is better than paid, because it is free... Notice that you did not say anything about options. Your question only stated would you like to be hosted for free or pay? The only way you can compare is to assume that you are getting the same service for both.

Therefore why would you want to pay for the exact same thing you can get for free?

I personally don't give a ---- about the few free hosting services I gave to people. If they have a problem, it may take me days to respond, simply because I don't care because I am not getting a thing from them. I may put them on a lower end server, less support. Where as my paying clients, I will bend over backwards, staying up endless hours doing support, getting the best servers and so on. So you can see the difference.

Ciao

Exactly. You get what you pay for. Occassionally, some free hosts stay up for a few months, but if you want your site to be there when you wake up in the morning, it is essential you have paid hosting. And not the cheapest either. Somewhere in the middle, like an adverage price. Not $5.00 for unlimited everything, maybe $5.00 for 500mb.

eRudNet's price suggestion is spot on. If you are paying less than $5 for 500MB of space then don't expect 99.9% uptime or the best tech support on the block. What you get generally relates directly to what you are paying and hosting is no exception. :)

TJR Networks said:
If you are still at school then free hosting may be a good option, but for anyone older with an income, playing a few dollars each month for hosting really isn't a huge expense. As ldcdc said in terms of price it isn't always that simple. Finding the a host which has a reasonable mix of features for a reasonable price is your best option. Avoid the super cheap hosts and the super expensive ones (unless they offer a service that others don't) :)

Nice post buddy.
Small kids or beginners prefer free hosting while others prefer paid hosting for business purpose.

Now i prefer free hosting as i'm unable to pay for hosting via a creditcard..

As soon as i get a creditcard i'll go for paid hosting....

btw. Every free hosting guys atlast endup with paid hosting after jumping throgh a lot of 'free hosts', just like me...

Lame topic.

euk-damien said:
What will you prefer Free or Paid hosting?

If you are going to post a topic for discussion in the future, please post properly.

First you ask a such a generalized question, it could mean anything. Then you say only 2 short things.
"free hosting sucks."
"paid hosting is good."

And in your latest post you say:
"People who prefer free hosting are beginners and kids."
"People who prefer paid hosting are business people."

4 childish statements. The amount of respect you show here into posting, the amount of respect I have for you.

Also shouldn't be so negative about free hosting on FreeWebSpace.net.

Last edited:
utcrazy said:
I personally don't give a ---- about the few free hosting services I gave to people. If they have a problem, it may take me days to respond, simply because I don't care because I am not getting a thing from them. I may put them on a lower end server, less support. Where as my paying clients, I will bend over backwards, staying up endless hours doing support, getting the best servers and so on. So you can see the difference.

Ciao

So true! but also i would`nt get paid hosting from anyone on this site. "thats a lie, a got a server from liquidweb":)

Back