• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

FREE Unlimited Webspace, Unlimited Bandwidth, FTP, PHP, Control Panel, Domain Hosting

Status
Not open for further replies.

HostUltra

• Unlimited Data Transfer
  • Unlimited Disk Space
  • 100mbps Network Connection
  • 99.9% Uptime
  • Free Sub Directory ( hostultra.com/~you )
  • Free Domain Hosting ( yourdomain.com )
  • Custom Domain DNS Control ( A/CNAME/MX Records )
  • Browser and FTP Uploading
  • PHP
  • Hosting for Unlimited Domains w/ Unlimited Subdomains
  • Free Search Engine Submission
  • 100% Free!

Signup for free at http://www.hostultra.com/

Application Rejected!

Sorry, We cannot accept your application at this time.
Please check that you entered everything correctly.
You may have entered an incorrect name/address/country/phone number or you are trying to create duplicate accounts

I filled in everything, I made up the address though, as if you need it/as if I'm going to just put it in forms all over the internet. But I put in a miscellaneous, but what would be accepted as a legitimate Australian address, in the boxes. So I don't understand where this "rejection" is coming from.

Kristy I think they only accept USA/Canada/UK now :confused2 Maybe Australia was too hard to figure out because so many IPs start with the same three digits that Asian IPs use. :chinese2:

Eric, I really think you should have that written in your TOS and somewhere visible on your site, so people don't go through the signup rigmarole and get that error message.

From the signup page at http://www.hostultra.com/free_signup.html
SIGNUP RESTRICTIONS!

Host Ultra is only accepting signups from the following countries:
Antigua and Barbuda / Australia / Bahamas / Barbados / Belize / Bermuda / Canada / Dominica / Grenada / Guyana / Ireland / Jamaica / New Zealand / Saint Lucia / Saint Vincent and the Grenadines / South Africa / Trinidad and Tobago / United Kingdom / United States

Our system detects various tricks of entering false addresses
We dont use the digits the ip starts with anymore
I try not to give too much information on how our verification system works because that would just give people tips on how to avoid it, but we can verify if the country you enter is fake

They used to offer MySQL, but not anymore. I believe you have to request it in their forums ... ?

AAAAAHHHHHHH I'm confused.

What's the difference between your free and paid hosting. I'm confused man I got a big head but a small brain.:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Originally posted by HostUltra
I try not to give too much information on how our verification system works because that would just give people tips on how to avoid it, but we can verify if the country you enter is fake

Well, what are your reasons for needing to know where I live? Can't you just set me up an account with my desired username and I don't care what the password is, something generated is all good.

From the signup page at http://www.hostultra.com/free_signup.htmlOur system detects various tricks of entering false addresses
So if Kristy typed in 29 Smith St Sydney when her real address was 48 Brown St Sydney you would detect that? I sincerely doubt that. I got the impression that she was trying to veil her street address, but she is still from Australia and was rejected.

Originally posted by Jan
So if Kristy typed in 29 Smith St Sydney when her real address was 48 Brown St Sydney you would detect that? I sincerely doubt that. I got the impression that she was trying to veil her street address, but she is still from Australia and was rejected.

Yea, I thought that was pretty weak myself, but meh, if they don't want to accept people, I'm sure those wanting free space will go elsewhere.

From the signup page at http://www.hostultra.com/free_signup.html

what is wrong with Belgium? :confused:

He really hates belgium :)
jk, I guess he's doing something good by giving back to the community, so keep up the good work.

Is there a reason Canada, UK and USA are in bold and the other countries listed aren't? Just wondering :confused2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back