• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

FWS needs to shape up

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're basically saying that you don't crack down on people hosting illegal software as long as nobody makes a stink about it?? Are you serious? That shows us a little bit about your business ethics.

What do you expect? Him or Her to monitor thousands of accounts?

No matter what, using illegal copies of software in IT business is something unethical, and shall not be accepted into this place.

If the host thinks that he/she can't afford for a WHMCS license(which I doubt that can happen for legit host), then they can either select some cheaper alternatives such as HostBill(which is as good as WHMCS), or BoxBilling Premium(Cheap, but buggy).

Or if they refuse to even spend on the hosting billing system license because of they don't need any additional stuffs in these paid scripts, they can actually use free scripts, such as THT, BoxBilling Free, Accountlab Plus or other free scripts.

People can accept that you use free scripts, but people will not be tolerant if you are using nulled commercial scripts for doing business!

Hope people like eiygi can read this and learn from it!

Thanks for reporting it Dean. I've never heard of that antivirus program. For some reason it blocked a tiny co.cc button ad hosted from co.cc. It doesn't contain any malware, but I have removed it.

I have had my anti-virus tripped by co.cc banners as well. It wasn't here, I think maybe 0000free.com.

Most decent hosting hosting companies do.
most decent hosting company's got programs to take care of that job (or you think hostgator checks there buggy servers every few hours ?? )
or they just limit every possible upload that you can do
like limiting upload to 2mb ( hard to uplaod a zip file)
prevent uploading of php files .. and so on (or was that a freehost ? )

so claiming that a host got enouf time/money to check there servers ?? they got other things to spend there money and time on (like making more money ? )

Greetings From PowerChaos

Right...they have automated means of checking. Some go through and do a second check manually. My company does both. But not making time to check for illegal material, or not checking at all is just plain stupid.

Ok. I guess you're bored then and like your servers slowing down with all of the resources that such scripts eat.

Last edited:
Okay I've merely glanced through what I haven't read already.

And I'm here to chime in and get everyone against me.

Now.

Way back when, I used to use a nulled whmcs for my first few clients and at that point I would go and get my valid license and replace the files. Of course I was like 14-15 but regardless, I'd still do it, I don't really care I'm eventually going to get a valid license.

With the bull---- saturated market we have now I'm not going to go blow money on my whmcs for a couple months when I'm not even making back the money to pay for the license, completely ignoring the cost of hosting. Its ----ing ridiculous. Eventually I'll have a valid license but its not like any of you give half a ---- about it, what I'd be doing/did was 'illegal' and thats the stick in your asses.

You guys seem to think warez is such a big bad thing that you can combat 100%, yeah well, your idiots. Warez is a never ending war and EVERYONE is guilty of dealing with warez at one point or another [and because we're -----ing about warez here even if its specific to whmcs and scripts it is still relevant] and you will likely continue to do so. I've used numerous nulled scripts in the past (not so much lately, but I'm to busy to bother or need them) and guess what, I only ever got in trouble 3 times, 3 times ENTIRELY. The 3 times I was reported is throughout 3 years of continiously dealing with nulled scripts. Using them for personal use or even trying to start a site but you know what, most nulled software I've used I either was playing with the script or eventually bought a license for (including vBulletin, rlshosting can back me up on that lol).

As for warez on your server from your hosting company clientelle, when it comes to paid hosting, I couldn't give 2 ----s really and yes, I reviewed accounts and those running nulled scripts were suspended for 3 days to give them a chance to get a license before terminating. I terminated them, without backups or warnings, immediately upon receiving a DMCA notice. I think you all just blow it all out of proportion when it comes to warez. I understand all the 'it hurts your name', 'it hurts your server' (which can be complete bull----), 'its wrong' (I'm a developer, I just happen to not give a ----. I'm more concerned with my scripts being stolen and recredited.), 'its illegal' (yeah, well alot of ---- is) but come on people, are you really that damn insane?

It hurts your name - Oh really? I honestly doubt that, give me examples of where names were discredited for the use of nulled scripts on your server.
It hurts your server - Well thats your own damn fault. Blame the people who nulled the script.
Its wrong - So is lying, but are you against that?
Its illegal - So you don't break laws at all? I really doubt that.

[just what i've come up with so far]

Last edited:
Way back when, I used to use a nulled whmcs for my first few clients and at that point I would go and get my valid license and replace the files. Of course I was like 14-15 but regardless, I'd still do it, I don't really care I'm eventually going to get a valid license.

If you can't afford the $10/mo. you shouldn't be running a business. I paid more than that for lunch today, and these "businesses" can't spend that over a month?

That's the problem with the hosting industry; that attitude right there. That is exactly what empowers 13 and 14 year old kids to start illegal businesses. In almost any other industry, there are regulations, licenses, monetary investments, etc., but in the hosting industry, you can actually start a "company" completely for free. I can't think of a single other business that can be started with absolutely no investment.

Then when you go out of business or just shut your doors, the clients you screwed have absolutely no legal recourse because you're underage and couldn't enter into a contract in the first place. These are real people and real money we're talking about. This isn't Monopoly, or the Sims, or whatever the hell the kids are playing these days in their little fantasy world.

And as a result, the rest of us legitimate hosts suffer, because these kids will simply undercut us beyond belief. I have seen people offering $0.50 and $0.80 per month hosting now (painfully oversold too, no doubt) with 2 or 3 free months of hosting. It's ridiculous. But they can do it, because they run nulled WHMCS scripts, ridiculously low-cost or free reseller accounts. The rest of us have to pay for our equipment, offices in many cases, support personnel, etc.

I'm guessing you would never actually register your business or pay taxes on the profits either? What a shame!

Well, Hey, I care about my hosting. I guess if you have a problem with the difference in views. It's not my problem. Why do you care about other people's stupidity so much? It's not your problem. Have a good day.

If you can't afford the $10/mo. you shouldn't be running a business. I paid more than that for lunch today, and these "businesses" can't spend that over a month?

That's the problem with the hosting industry; that attitude right there. That is exactly what empowers 13 and 14 year old kids to start illegal businesses. In almost any other industry, there are regulations, licenses, monetary investments, etc., but in the hosting industry, you can actually start a "company" completely for free. I can't think of a single other business that can be started with absolutely no investment.

Then when you go out of business or just shut your doors, the clients you screwed have absolutely no legal recourse because you're underage and couldn't enter into a contract in the first place. These are real people and real money we're talking about. This isn't Monopoly, or the Sims, or whatever the hell the kids are playing these days in their little fantasy world.

And as a result, the rest of us legitimate hosts suffer, because these kids will simply undercut us beyond belief. I have seen people offering $0.50 and $0.80 per month hosting now (painfully oversold too, no doubt) with 2 or 3 free months of hosting. It's ridiculous. But they can do it, because they run nulled WHMCS scripts, ridiculously low-cost or free reseller accounts. The rest of us have to pay for our equipment, offices in many cases, support personnel, etc.

I'm guessing you would never actually register your business or pay taxes on the profits either? What a shame!

Well see, I wasn't an ignorant little kid like most people, yes I used my nulled WHMCS to get off the ground so I could pay for it without it being an out of pocket expense but I paid for my servers as well rather than people using free hosts to try and start a business (which is just absurd).

I never just shut my doors and ----ed over my clients though, I shut my doors but left all clientelle on the server and allowed them to continue to use the server for free or if they wanted they could continue paying (which they were informed of via mass email before shutting down). I know what its like to be ----ed over so I'm not going to ---- others over.

I've put off hosting for quite awhile, at least a paid host, because I can't register a business just yet and yes, as soon as I hit the 18 mark in a couple of months I will be running a legitimate business with a business license and all, but you know whats funny? I know how to do everything and ensure I'd be running a safe and problem-free business because of what I learned in the past which you all complain about. Its not like it wasn't a learning experience cause it was.

Isn't FWS supposed to be community run? If so, is there any particular reason Peo/Jan just globally banned a URL in everyone's signature? If you're going to start blacklisting certain url's because you feel threatened by them, I guess FWS really is done for. This isn't intended to come out as rude, but why would you do such at thing?

If you don't like some things about this place and say so, it's ok. I don't mind. We get better by listening to suggestions on how to improve the forum. So, thanks for valuable feedback in this thread and in the feedback section. As explained on numerous occasions hosts using nulled scripts are not allowed to advertise here. In some cases they get a chance to correct the problem prior to getting a ban, but in most cases not. So, the problem here might be that we did not have the full info yet or did not act as soon as some of you expected us to do. We apologize for that and we'll try to keep an eye on similar situations.

Now to deeplist. If you after getting banned come back here and start to trash the place, it's understandable. I guess we can tolerate that. If you then start a very, very similar looking site I guess that's within your right. If you then start to promote it here while trashing this place you've finally crossed the line. Fair enough?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back