• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Give me... a VPS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

polieleos7777

Any specs would do, as long as it is free.

It is possible to be done, so don't say it's not.

There isn't much to be said, and to be quite frankly, I want to keep my idea private.
If you want to give anything big, it'll also be welcome. Ohwell.... :rolleyes2

Please, also refrain from any discussion, that will most probably lead nowhere.

I have a fantastic idea polieleos7777!

Why not get a cheap VPS, like the ones from BurstNet or Fortatrust which cost no more then a single cup of coffee rather then demanding a VPS for free...

Also, generally hosts, and people in this community tend to be more open to discussion with potential freeloaders If they use their manners.

Again? I already sponsored someone a VPS with 1GB ram. Not going to do that again as it is costing me money from my own pocket. As I am no longer a webhost. But freevps.us should have plenty of them.

I have a fantastic idea polieleos7777!

Why not get a cheap VPS, like the ones from BurstNet or Fortatrust which cost no more then a single cup of coffee rather then demanding a VPS for free...

Also, generally hosts, and people in this community tend to be more open to discussion with potential freeloaders If they use their manners.

Well, I don't want to be or sound like mean, but the problem would be getting the money to the host. I have no credit card or paypal account, and no way to issue or get one. My country do not allow me to puchase internationally either.
Western union you say? Well, I have purchased from a host via SMS. Got cheated out of my money. Well, WU it's the same. No way to get your money back if something goes wrong. Plus, payments have to be submitted in advance before you get to know even the speed of the server. A big NO to paid VPS. Even if it costs $0.01 or $10000. Even if that, most free trials and VPS tend to grow from a little measly $7, to a big $29,95 monster (plus any exchange rates, I'm not from US or Europe) and later on I would have to leave that VPS. Well, with free VPS, I would not have any troubles.

Demanding? I wasn't demanding, not forcing anyone to give me a free VPS. This is jsut a request.

What can I offer in return? Honest rewiews, forum posting, (if they like it), and anything they say, like support help, help with games, etc. I'm open and flexible. There is a reason why I put this request on the Free Hosting Providers forum, If I could pay, don't you think I would be asking for a deal in Paid Hosting forum? Plus, I see people saying "raise your budget" "raise your budget"! Well, bummer! After exchanges, fees and whatnot, I would end up wasting more money than enjoying.

Again? I already sponsored someone a VPS with 1GB ram. Not going to do that again as it is costing me money from my own pocket. As I am no longer a webhost. But freevps.us should have plenty of them.

As you well said, you sponsored to someone, not me. No problems though, but don't come here and say that I'm the cause of you doing it. I just want hands clean from any troubles.
I've tried FreeVPS.us and like it, but still, any other offers?

Last edited:
As much as I'd like to say here's your VPS merry christmas, you are still asking for a VPS for an untold amount of time at the sponsor's expense so that you can play around and try to compete with your sponsor in the hosting market. You might get lucky with a reseller that has shell capability, and since it is close to the holidays I might be generous enough to give you that, but it's going to have defined limits on what it can do and you won't be able to change configurations or anything without going through me.

Also, why don't you get one from Amazon AWS. They operate internationally, so unless you are in some tiny country like Romania that doesn't have enough influence to be cared about by global corporations you should be able to tap into a global network using your local currency. And a company that size isn't going to take your money and run either.

Nice, but still Amazon AWS seems to require a credit card, which I don't have either. As someone said on freevps.us, they don't do anything like that for free or without a credit card, hate them grrrr. Better let's go with that reseller with shell.

EDIT: Nice offers you got there sarmth. But I don't and can't have any payment methods. For now, I'd take the (costly) free route.

Last edited:
You can buy a VPS from dehost.org with your mobile phone, just by sending a couple of SMSes.

You can buy a VPS from dehost.org with your mobile phone, just by sending a couple of SMSes.

MEOWTH! (pun intended)
The last time I tried to buy from them (the most small VPS package), the gateway denied the transaction because the price is too high, or out of range (something like that, cba to remember because it was a year ago) (good!). Turns out, that the price, after conversion, resulted being more than 100 of my local currency. Sorry but no. And with inflation, the cost of their smallest VPS package in my local money is. 129.12 now. No sorry.

Please do not make any more paid offers, unlesss they are lower thanUSD 1 and payable via SMS. Otherwise, you'd be wasting your time.

I am sorry to hear that your adventure with dehost.org wasn't a succes. It is kind of weird that I never heard that complain before, as I used to own that company.

I am sorry to hear that your adventure with dehost.org wasn't a succes. It is kind of weird that I never heard that complain before, as I used to own that company.

Well, now that you understand, all my paid hosting (circa. 2007) and paid VPS (now) ventures ended up in the bad, just because of that. Even if I could sucessfully pay, I would have to give up eventually.

Well, now that you understand, all my paid hosting (circa. 2007) and paid VPS (now) ventures ended up in the bad, just because of that. Even if I could sucessfully pay, I would have to give up eventually.

Why didn't complain about it when I still owned that place. I might be able to get you a free VPS for a month or so with the new owner of dehost.org. But will a month be enough for you to get some money in so you can pay for it the next month?

There are around two known providers at the moment who provides free VPS. Just Google for "free vps"..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back