• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Godaddy - FTP file size limit?

alex_blue

I've a .tgz backup file of about 40mb (110mb uncompressed) so let's say I want to move my site to Godaddy's hosting account, can I upload 40mb without failure using their FTP? Thanks!

P/s: Currently I've signed up with their Economy package for two months. If something is not good, I'll start looking for another webhost...

Last edited:
You should contact godaddy as i doubt there is any representative here for godaddy. Plus if u can ftp using ftp client than u can upload any sized file as long as you dont exceed ur space limitations. Plus u will not be able to uncompress ur zip file on godaddy if they are not using cpanel so uploading in uncompressed format would be best but will take time . So good luck.

As A1 WHS said, you should contact them directly to ask questions like this. If you have already signed up for one of their plans then just try it out and see if everything goes smoothly. :)

Back