• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Good Stuff....Help...

xzx

b&
b&
Hi,
I have decided that i want to purchase my own server. I only know of two places that i can buy from , serverbeach and rackshack. I am going to go with serverbeach since they are cheaper. I am going to get the Plesk Kahuna Server which is $119 a month. I believe that this is a good deal and I would like to learn more b4 i pay. Where can i find out all about running my own server.

Note: i have very little knowlege of this, since i am currently paying someone else.

Thank you for your help.

Well first

don't go with serverbeach

They charge for reboots , less bandwidth available , newer company

Go with NOCSTER cos your a newbie

http://www.nocster.com > Managed Servers ...

IF you need any help with your server i'm willing to help :D

Last edited:
NOCSTER give 300GB Data-transfer per month

Serverbeach gives 400GB

Rackshack gives 400GB and above

Eservers.biz gives 500GB

Webreseller.net gives 450GB

pick one :rolleyes:

Additional stick with an INTEL processor

like i said, i need to learn what everything means so i can choose the best, it is not all about bandwith...

Originally posted by xzx
like i said, i need to learn what everything means so i can choose the best, it is not all about bandwith...

How do u mean

"learn what everything means" :confused:

Rackshack is completely un-managed

eservers.biz
webreseller.net are semi-managed .. they will help you abit

nocster.com is managed they will help you alot

Originally posted by cdudeuk18

Additional stick with an INTEL processor

I dispute that. Go for what is cheaper, and if you do go with intel, choose pIII over p4.

AMD is fine for servers. Unless you are running under extremely high load situations, (which I doubt you will be) heat is not an issue. I have owned 3 dedicated servers (make that 2 since i dont think a RaQ is a server worth considering) One was a pIII and the other, which I am now using is an AMD xp 1700+. My load averages are moderate .70 - 2.00. I say keep your options open by considering either chip.

In the long run, the type of chip doesn't matter too much. Worry about that AFTER you choose a host.

I would not reccommend RS if you are a first timer. As cdude said, eservers nocster and webreseller will help you (as long as you don't annoy them with stupid questions) Before you know it you will be able to hold your own. Feel free to contact me, as well.

AIM:Scanspot
MSN:t_bone_s@hotmail.com

Thats fine :)

Just figured he could benefit from hearing the tips and experiences of more than one guy- He can't learn everything from one person (or even two for that matter).

Originally posted by Gayowulf
Thats fine :)

Just figured he could benefit from hearing the tips and experiences of more than one guy- He can't learn everything from one person (or even two for that matter).

Well i've not admined a server a unix/linux server yet .. but i will do soon .. getting books and what not for when i leave school in less than 1 years time

However i do know alot of providers / proccessors / computers / programming

I can tell you i don't need a cooker anymore .... i have my AMD duron proccessors ... all you do .. is hook em up to motherboard and power unit ... and they burn

i've got a Duron 900MHZ in my pc .. i better not burn like the rest i've fried ..... so far so good :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Thats duron for you. they cant handle the load.

Hitting the books beforehand is a good thing, as is lurking at webhostingtalk :D

Originally posted by Gayowulf
Thats duron for you. they cant handle the load.

Hitting the books beforehand is a good thing, as is lurking at webhostingtalk :D

Nah .. webhostingtalk aint good for server admin . even though im there under a different nic :rolleyes:

i'm getting a book next week

Back