• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Google is becoming too powerful on the internet

desbest

There was a time when google was just a search engine whose mission was "to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful".

NOT ANYMORE!
How is Google Buzz, Orkut, Jaiku, Knol, Android, and Chrome going to make the world's information organised and easy to find?

Google was a website that wanted you off their website as quick as possible. Not anymore. Google has changed and now they want to monopolise the internet.

the more time you spend online = the more money google makes
Google AdWords adverts are on 90% of all websites and Android will increase internet browsing and so will Google Chrome with its faster speed.

You do realize that all of those things you just listed are a collection of information, right? Google Chrome makes it easier to access that information.

Buzz helps you collaborate with colleagues to retrieve and send information.
Orkut is social-networking. It helps you find people and share information, just like facebook.
Jaiku is basically blogging, allowing you to easily post information to the web.
Knol is similar to Wikipedia. Allowing users to post information to the web in an organized collection. A nice database of information.
Android is a phone operating system connected to Google. Why is it connected to google? Because Google has quick and easy access to a lot of information.

I love Google. They're a group of extremely innovative and smart people who produce many great products, most of which are released absolutely free. They deserve their past and future success.

There are many alternatives. Use them if you don't like da googs.

I dont use google for anything except searching and I have reasons why....
I would prob use Android if I got a smartphone because I hate iphone and Android is the best thing out there.
Google Chrome makes it easier to access that information.
There is already browsers out there everywhere, however Google chrome is free so I dont know why it was brought up in the first place by the OP, they pretty much created an open source browser they funded themselves for the community, its hardly monopolizing or monetizing the internet.
If its the OS you are talking about, these thoughts above can still be applied because thats open source too isnt it??

Last edited:
I don't care google is making money from me. Because i use their service for free! Therefore i think it's fair if they even rule the world since they give services for free! (most of the time ;) )

Google can't take over the world anyway. They'd have to defeat Wal-Mart first.

Though they sure are doing a fair number on the internet. Its becoming rarer and rarer to see a site without some reference to google be it adsense or a search box.

Though they sure are doing a fair number on the internet. Its becoming rarer and rarer to see a site without some reference to google be it adsense or a search box.

That's because they offer a good discount for the advertiser(us) Many people uses it.

google is improving itself day by day... and definitely everyone from an old person to a little child know.. that if they need anything they have to search it on google....

google is improving itself day by day... and definitely everyone from an old person to a little child know.. that if they need anything they have to search it on google....

No, you don't "HAVE" to search it on Google! My site is Google Free! My links are to Yahoo stuff. That's right, I "suffer through garbage answers" ... for the sake of Not Using Google. Most of my searches are to the same 20 places and I haven't gotten around to making the jump links on my page yet.

If Google were truly our overlords, I would bow down and thank them for making my life better everyday. Even if they decided to be tyrannical and deploy daily anallings, I would still thank them via whatever Android app was available at the time.

The google android phone OS is potentially very powerful. It could destroy a lot of telco's. They are giving the power to everyone!

If Google were truly our overlords, I would bow down and thank them for making my life better everyday. Even if they decided to be tyrannical and deploy daily anallings, I would still thank them via whatever Android app was available at the time.

What he said.

Back