• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

GPLHOST.COM Very Distasteful language from sales rep.

GlennBeforeTime

Why is Dan Back!!
NLC
I just wish to tell you, I had a terrible customer service experience with this company, I was inquiring about purchasing a VPS in Israel and this is the chat log of the conversation.

The first session was the initial inquiry in which I laid out my budget and explained to the representative what I am planning to use it for and getting costs sorted out.

To make the story short, this sales representative was trying to persuade me to use their own control panel, I said no because I have experience with LXAdmin, it also runs smoother and so on.

This part happened after I thanked him for his time and closed the conversation;
Session Start (cosmo34551:z_i_g_o): Tue Mar 03 11:10:38 2009
[11:10] z_i_g_o: I think it should be ok no?
[11:10] z_i_g_o: By the way, our control panel takes virtually no memory at all ...
[11:11] z_i_g_o: But it runs quite a lot of daemons for the mail system
[11:11] z_i_g_o: I do believe that this is the minimum in today's spam world.
[11:12] cosmo34551: I can guarantee that your control panel's footprint is much more then 15MB, which LXAdmin runs on, also, LXAdmin (by the looks of it) is much simpler to use. (Link: http://lxlabs.com/software/lxadmin/)(Link: http://lxlabs.com/software/lxadmin/)http://lxlabs.com/software/lxadmin/
[11:12] cosmo34551: also, I've used LXAdmin myself, I have 4 servers running it.
[11:12] z_i_g_o: Ok.
[11:12] z_i_g_o: But once again, our panel is made out of PHP and SH.
[11:12] z_i_g_o: Nothing more ...
[11:13] z_i_g_o: So it takes virtually ZERO ram.
[11:14] cosmo34551: Actually, it takes more RAM and CPU to execute PHP then it does to run a shell program. And if there was an issue with Apache or the web server, I'd have no access to the control panel if I was using yours, where as with LXAdmin, it is a stand alone application which is much more secure.
[11:15] z_i_g_o: And if there was an issue with Apache or the web server, I'd have no access to the control panel <--- This is a VERY SILLY argument.
[11:15] z_i_g_o: If you have no apache, then your control panel is ----.
[11:15] z_i_g_o: Don't use it ...
[11:16] cosmo34551: Excuse me? I don't like the language you are using with me. I am terminating this convosation, blacklisting your company and reporting you to your superiors. I'm also posting this chat log up on FreeWebspace.net for the whole world to see.
[11:17] z_i_g_o: Sorry !
[11:17] z_i_g_o: I was not trying to be rude at all...
[11:17] z_i_g_o: I was just saying: if you are sometimes out of apache running, then there's a big issue with your panel.
[11:17] z_i_g_o: So this is not an argument, I think.
[11:18] z_i_g_o: reporting you to your superiors <--- By the way, I'm the boss, and the main author of this control panel so ...
[11:18] cosmo34551: I highly suggest you do some reading and learn what L.A.M.P stands for as well as checking out your competition. Perhaps some customer service training is required.
[11:19] cosmo34551: You're the boss of this company? And you speak to potential customers like you have spoken to me? There is no excuse and I am no longer continuing with this!
[11:19] *** z_i_g_o has been ignored.

Anyone wanting to comment please feel free to.

When the sales representative swore to me, I was shocked and terminated the chat.

Who doesn't offer VPS servers nowadays anyways... even babies can do it, but the question is, can they survive more than 6 months? ;)

You said you obviously didnt want to use their CP yet they basically insist that you do, any REAL company wouldn't be bothered because they would see that they may still get the customer at the end of the day even if they don't choose your own cp, he may have just lost himself a customer, very silly indeed.

A server administration panel programmed in PHP? :p
Though by what I've seen from the site, the backbone is still Xen.
But really, the swearing is entirely unnecessary.

This guy definately needs some customer service training if he wants his business to succeed. I wouldn't dream of swearing to any of my customers.

I agree you neeed to respect each customers you have and do your best for his pleasure and then he will be loyal to you and never come up with such reviews

I agree you neeed to respect each customers you have and do your best for his pleasure and then he will be loyal to you and never come up with such reviews

Wasn't that bad of a review was it? I said next to nothing in it, the chat log says it all.

Back