• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Hd3850?

Will it play?

• Yes it will

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No it won't

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • It'll blend

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Wojtek

W as in Whisky
NLC
My sister recently acquired the Sims 3 but her onboard video only allows to play at 640x480 with everything on minimum :p

So I decided to get her a video card so she could enjoy the game better. Now I didn't want to spend alot as that's probably the only game she'll play. The pc is one of those HP office boxes with en E2200, 3gb of ram and a 250W psu with an 1280x1024 screen.

I wanted something that could work with her current setup so I don't need to replace the psu and half of the pc :)

What do you think? Will it play?

It SHOULD, but voltage can be a SOB alot of the times. So if she has any problems with crashing or anything out of the norm be ready to get a PSU. Anything above 400W should be more than enough. They aren't that much, newegg it.

Good to see good gifts given :)

It's recommended that you do what you suggested to yourself and replace half the PC, either that or get a new one with a good card already installed (IE: From iBUYPOWER, etc.)

ibuypower?

ibuypower-gamer-haf-9se_large.jpg
sidewinder_black_1.jpg
ibuypower-gamer-fs-x1_large.jpg

Something tells me their main clientele isn't 15yo girls :lol:

Her pc is about a hear old and the motherboard inside her box has all the required stuff.

When I said replace half the pc I had the psu in mind :p

We'll see next week. Package should be here tuesday or wednesday.

Back