• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Heard of this software? -- XSite Pro

rhianna

I just did a search here for XSite Pro but didn't find anything.

Its site claims that it's the latest & greatest software for webmasters but I'm wondering if their puffery is all hype? :eek2:

What do you think?

As an update I found this Review of XsitePro interesting because it explained why some webmasters would want the software and also listed related problems. Possible [open source] alternatives to the software are given.

After reading this review and some others I wouldn't buy XSite Pro but I found the review interesting.

Last edited:
Call me old fashioned, but I still think that xoops is the best thing to happen since breast milk ... I mean fresh milk ..lol

Last edited:
Call me old fashioned, but I still think that xoops is the best thing to happen since breast milk ... I mean fresh milk ..lol

Thanks for mentioning XOOPS :classic2:

I just took a quick glance and that looks good!

How does XOOPS compare with JOOMLA?

Would a hacker problem be a big issue?

Joomla is the best xD, plus it's the most used / updated and has a huge range of modules / components making it really easy to modify. Haven't seen that many joomla sites get hacked.. I use Joomla on my site and someone got bored of trying to hack my site so the just DDOS 'd the server >.>

I've used xoops for years and never had been hacked. xoops has a great support community also and is very nice/easy to work with.

We use Joomla! on our site. I love it. So easy to customize and you can customize it greatly. It also has plenty of extensions so you are never short of something you need or would like :)

Joomla! 1.5 is looking good. Migrating to it will take a bit of testing off site first.

Matt

Joomla! is pretty nice, but I've been using a script that a good friend of mine developed a while ago (it's called TUGGO). IMO, it's not only cleanly coded, but it's not bloated with useless features that many of the CMS systems (Joomla!, Mambo, etc.) have.

Chris

What happened to the days of coding/designing your own sites etc?
Joomla... pfft :p

Reider,

I use Dreamweaver to code/design my sites (with Photoshop CS).
Wouldn't Joomla or Xoops speed up the manual process and add more to the mix :motorcycl

or you don't think so? :idea:

What exactly does Joomla have that makes everyone want to use it?
I once read a job description that had experience with Joomla as a requirement.
From what I've read, it seems as if it's possible to speed up the web page making process with Joomla -- there seems to be a batch potential in terms of code (I wouldn't want to slap batch in terms of content).
Joomla also seems to have blog and forum capabilities (but I use Blogger for my blogs).
What else could Joomla offer me? Or perhaps Xoops?
Both apparently have vulnerabilities.

While I'm posting, I might as well ask a related question: why do some bloggers prefer WordPress over Google's Blogger for blogs?

Back